Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Fictionwise NYT Best Sellers list now 100% Micropay rebate

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw/?t=nytlist&si=0

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy anything though, I still have plenty of unread books and over $100 in Micropay rebates.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Terrible idea. I just removed five books from my wishlist. It looks like they are doing the same thing at ereader.com and ereader is now no longer using the Amazon-matching prices they were before either. I did a test search on some Stephen King books since I know they are unusually pricey, and even at ereader, they are in the $20 range.

This is really bad. I will definitely be buying less books because of this.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't been buying many NYT bestsellers. When they were selling them for $7.39 or $7.99 (their buyers club price), did you have to pay for them with a credit card? I don't like to buy books that are priced over $6-8 dollars, even if I'm paying for them with Micropay rebates. I agree that paying over $20 and getting a 100% rebate still doesn't seem like much of a deal when the rebate is only store credit and most of the books I'm interested in have prices in excess of the paperback price.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
No, you could use micropay before - with 15% membership discount plus the 5-15% rebates, most of them were from $7.20 to $8.50. I looked at a couple - at $17 and 100% rebate, you are paying 8.50/ each. Unfortunately, many are above that mark, so it looked like at least a dollar a book more than before.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
bgalbrecht
Wizard

I suppose if you can find enough books you want at $8 or less to counterbalance the 100% micropay rebates of the $17 or higher NYT best sellers, the rebates are a good deal, but there are a lot of books that should have have a price drop to $6/7 that are still priced over $20
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
To be honest, it seems quite a good deal to me.

I quite fancied Lev Grossman's The Magicians, a current NYT bestseller (amazing what being marketed as a 'mainstream' novel can do for your fantasy brick). That was previously being sold by FW for $8.50, including the club discount, as I recall. There are two other books in my wishlist I'd quite like at $6.79 each (club price).

If I'd bought the three of them, including the Magicians, at the latter's previous reduced price of $8.50, my total expenditure would be $22.08. But with the 100% micropay rebate, then The Magicians - club price $17.00 - means the total cost of all three books is $13.58, with three micropay dollars left over.

Now, I'm the first to admit my maths is quite tragically horrible, but surely that's a pretty good deal? I'm the first to agree some ebooks are horribly overpriced, but when it comes to micropay rebates, the higher the price, the better off you are, as long as there's other books you already wanted to buy.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
This is going to make me stop using the list almost entirely - I have a glut of micropay dollars and the previous deals made me willing to take chances on authors I didn't know. Now it's just not worth it to me.

Micropay rebates are only good if you an spend them - and the more high dollar rebates you get, the harder that becomes to do.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Unfortunately, I have more than enough micropay dollars from the ones they already have (the new releases). So, using those dollars on the best seller list (and on magazines) was my primary method of trimming them down. Luckily, I had just gone thru the list and bought all that I wanted, so maybe this "sale" won't be a permanent thing.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
Didn't find one in the list that i could buy... thanks for the geographic restrictions...
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote