Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Question What's the difference? Same book, listed twice

$5.59 - http://www.amazon.com/Homicide-Year-.../dp/B001KYF276

$7.99 - http://www.amazon.com/Homicide-Year-.../dp/B0022NI0JG

They have different covers but it seems to be the same book despite the $7.99 listed as being longer. I bought and read the $5.59 one and it seems to be the full book (has added chapters talking about the author and The Wire tv show)

It doesn't affect me now but I am curious.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Different original published years , different publishers, and different sale contracts ?

# Format: Kindle Edition $5.59
# Print Length: 656 pages
# Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd (September 4, 2008)
# Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
# ASIN: B001KYF276

# Format: Kindle Edition $7.99
# Print Length: 672 pages
# Publisher: Holt Paperbacks (August 22, 2006)
# Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
# ASIN: B0022NI0JG
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
All the links from the physical hardback and paperback versions point to the Canongate version. Holt published the paperback, though, so perhaps why they have an e-book version as well.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote