Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
Kindle touch update question

Hello all,

Sorry for newbie question first of all. So it's been a long time since I had a chance to use my kindle touch.

It has 5.1.2 on it with jbpatch 6/14 (v1.3.1) - says on the about device section. I remember that I installed jbpatch, some stuff for accessing device on ssh, removing ads and so on.

So like a naive user, I downloaded 5.3.2 update from amazon's website, and let it update it self. It took some time and boot up my device with "your device is updated" ebook inside. When I check the version info, it was still same 5.1.2. I tried again now and it gave 006 error.

So does jbpatch or other stuff prevents updating to latest version? Should I remove all or some of the hacks before trying to update? If yes then how?

Edit : I tried updating jailbreak to latest version before removing it, it required kindlet installed, tried to install it and got 007 error. Tried to update jailbreak to latest version before removing (to use installer) got 007 error again. Also trying to run (update_jailbreak_1.7.N_uninstall.bin) gives 007 error.

So it looks like I can't remove/update jailbreak nor jbpatch plus can't I am a bit stuck up in here

Last edited by bonjurkes; 02-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
cetinmmm
cetinmmm began at the beginning.

Device: touch
i ve same problem too
cetinmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
simply restore to a pristine image.

or reinstall the jailbreak. uninstall jbpatch. retry installer. if that fails the easiest option is fasboot IMHO but check the debricking threads for restoring to a pristine image.

then upgrade that

I did this last option myself when the time came.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
The thing is I couldn't install jailbreak, i put data.tar.gz to root folder but it wasn't running it. Uninstalling jbpatch failed with 007 error.

Solution was simple and unplanned, I put enable_diag empty file to root of kindle and it forced to diagnostic mode, then made a restart accidentally, and then jailbreak screen appeared. Then removed everything and upgraded to 5.3.2.
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote