Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Ealdwulf
Ealdwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
[Custom Column - Composite] Template Help Requested

I am hoping that someone can help me figure this out. Based upon the information that I am reading in the manual and documentation it should be doable, but I may be missing something.

I have three Custom Columns that are the following:
  • chapters - Integer
  • last_chapter_read - Integer
  • chapters_remaining - Composite

What I am trying to do is have the chapters_remaining column calculate the difference between chapters and last_chapter_read. There is a math function called subtract (x, y) that by all appearances should do the job that I want to do. Unfortunately all attempts I have made at getting this to work have failed with differing errors depending upon what I have entered for the template.

Can someone help me figure this out?
Ealdwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try something like
Code:
program: format_number(subtract(field('#chapters'), field('#last_chapter')), '{0:.0f}')
Clearly you must use the right lookup keys for your columns.

Last edited by chaley; 06-16-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Fix syntax error introduced by copy/paste
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
Ealdwulf
Ealdwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
It had an extra ') at the end but once I removed that it worked perfectly. THANK YOU!
Ealdwulf is offline   Reply With Quote