Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
john306
john306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch/ Nook ST
Aluratek Libre Pro Problem

Hi all,
I've had my Libre about 6 months now, never a problem, using it this week reading the same book about halfway through it developed a problem as follows......

When I set a bookmark, the reader will go to main menu and totally freeze requiring a reset, or not freeze but when the reader is switched off then back on again it's lost the bookmark and just switches onto the main menu screen aas if I'd reset everything, before these faults it would always switch back on to the page and zoom I'd left it.

I've tried updating software, full reset, format card, drive check internal memory, placed just 1 book on card, placed just one book on internal memory with no sd card in.

I'm stuck as to what I can try now, I've read loads of posts on here but up to now nothing has helped.

Thanks for any info
john306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions to help.

But may I ask why you use the bookmark function? I've never used it myself - the device automatically remembers where you were. I suppose I'd only use the bookmark function if I wanted to go back and refer to a particular section or paragraph.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
bookreader1971
bookreader1971 began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek
I am having a similar problem with my Aluratek in the last few days. When I shut the ebook reader off, it does not automatically go to the page I left when I turn it back on. (I do not use the bookmark function but tried when I read the above post and it didn't work.) When I turn it off mid book, it switches to the main menu, turns off, turns back on, and then goes into hibernation (the screen is blank but if I push any of the buttons, the green light flashes). To turn it back on, I have to reset it. It is the lastest firmware, and I use it almost every day for the last 2 years, Maybe it is time for a new reader
bookreader1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
john306
john306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to behold

That's the reason, it used to remember the last page when I switched it off then on again, but whether I bookmark or not now it just opens on the main menu.

I did convert with Calibre the book to Mobi and that didn't save/bookmark either.

What I have done just now is tried a different epub book and it saved/bookmarked ok, will have to look more into this, but could the book itself be the problem?

I'll try a few more books over the weekend to see how they react.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookreader1971 View Post
Maybe it is time for a new reader
Or a new battery? Lithium batteries are to last only a good 3-4 years max.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
alg2468
alg2468 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Velocity Cruz T301, EZReader, Iview 435TPC, Wikireader
Aluratek Libre Pro issues

I would call Aluratek about this issue. They may be able to replace the battery, which is not consumer replaceable.

To replace the Libre's battery if the warranty has expired, look at this link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...k+disassembled

and to buy a new battery:

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-jetBoo...etbook+battery

Last edited by alg2468; 10-03-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: New information about battery replacement
alg2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
What Firmware level is your ALP at and does the problem occur across all e-books or just the one? It has been documented before that you can come across an e-book that gives the device a problem. Sometimes running the bad e-book through Calibre's conversion program (convert to another format and then back to ePub) resolves the problem with the affected e-book. Another program that may resolve e-book problems is Sigil. Open the e-book - edit it in some way and then re-save and retry it in your e-reader. I use Sigil to add TOC's to e-books that do not have active TOC's.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #8
john306

Now I've moved onto another book I can just switch off the ereader wherever I am and once switched back on it will go straight back to that page, if however I bookmark a page and switch off, upon switching back on it will be on the menu screen and everything frozen requiring a reset. Not really a problem now as I just dont use the bookmark.
I do think its a fault though as it really shouldnt be doing it.