Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
kawayama
slower than molasses
kawayama began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
rename files

when you rename files in the Book Browser, the initial state is that the whole name, including the suffix, is highlighted. would it be possible to modify the behaviour of Sigil so that only the name is highlighted, as you usually wouldn't want to change the suffix?

from
a_filename_you_want_to_change.xhtml
to
a_filename_you_want_to_change.xhtml

alternatively, some sort of batch editor of file names would be nice, as suggested in this tread.
kawayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I like the idea of only the part before the extension being highlighted by default, particularly as I've found it useful in Window 7 stopping me from deleting the extension.

I wouldn't though like it to lock-out changing the extension. A lot of my books currently are html files with an extension of .htm and when imported to Sigil and then split, the split-out parts use .xhtml and the original part uses .htm.

If I can't rename the extension, I'll have a mix of file-types for the text. I'm one of those that get a bit anal about this and want them all to be the same so as to make it easier for me to manage the book parts.

I really don't want to have to trawl through all my html books to rename the extensions, so as long as I can still do it in Sigil, then I like this idea.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Another nice touch would be to allow a multiple rename function. It would work like this:

Select the range of files and the portion of the text that you want to change. Enter the desired text (including a null string) and make the change . As an option enter a wildcard character and a number that would be the starting point of an incremented counter. Example: Chapter_#5 would result in the selected files to be renamed Chapter_5, Chapter_6, etc.

This would be a big time saver to me.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I like the idea of only the part before the extension being highlighted by default, particularly as I've found it useful in Window 7 stopping me from deleting the extension.

I wouldn't though like it to lock-out changing the extension. A lot of my books currently are html files with an extension of .htm and when imported to Sigil and then split, the split-out parts use .xhtml and the original part uses .htm.

If I can't rename the extension, I'll have a mix of file-types for the text. I'm one of those that get a bit anal about this and want them all to be the same so as to make it easier for me to manage the book parts.

I really don't want to have to trawl through all my html books to rename the extensions, so as long as I can still do it in Sigil, then I like this idea.
split the Html file at the start.. this leaves it as a blank page. Delete that and all files are now XHTML
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
split the Html file at the start.. this leaves it as a blank page. Delete that and all files are now XHTML
That'll work, but it's a bit of a bodge.

I think I'll bite the bullet and see how easy it is to batch-convert them all to .xhtml.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
That'll work, but it's a bit of a bodge.

I think I'll bite the bullet and see how easy it is to batch-convert them all to .xhtml.
doing it my way keeps ALL linkage up to date
Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawayama View Post
when you rename files in the Book Browser, the initial state is that the whole name, including the suffix, is highlighted. would it be possible to modify the behaviour of Sigil so that only the name is highlighted, as you usually wouldn't want to change the suffix?
Done.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Done.
Great. I have wanted that feature . got spoiled with Ubuntu showing the full name, but having rename only affect the name by default.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #9
kawayama
slower than molasses
kawayama began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
yay!
kawayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
congngo
congngo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
This is a wonderful feature to have!!!!. Is it possible to include the ability to search and replace text on selected files instead of all (like highlight certain block of files for search and replace).

Last edited by congngo; 12-22-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: to be more specific
congngo is offline   Reply With Quote