Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #1066
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Landscape/2-column mode is broken. Lines go all the way across with the 'crease' separating into left and right segments. Is there a way to reset this? I've tried everything I can think of short of uninstall. I think it has been this way awhile now, was hoping an update would just fix it. Probably some junk preference left from a previous version (it used to just go into 2 or 3 column mode automatically as text size was reduced).
Okay this is only happening with 'certain books'. Kind of annoying.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #1067
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
For me everything seems to work fine. No issues. (So far...)
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #1068
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Landscape/two-column seems to work OK for me in the epubs I've tried it with (v2.3.14). Not that I'd really want to use it on a 7" screen.

If it only screws up on some epubs, perhaps there's something wrong with those epubs?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #1069
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Exclamation Mantano intercepts downloads

I have a problem with the way Mantano handles downloads from AO3. There is a download link on the site, and when I click it, I get an option to choose the format, and once I choose my preferred format I get a list of apps I can use to download a story. I usually choose it to be downloaded by the stock browser, and then move it to the appropriate folder. Today every story I tried to download gets intercepted, so to speak, by Mantano. I even set the browser as the default app for download, but it has no effect. I want to stop this behavior immediately. I am using the paid version of Mantano, and it is not set to download anything automatically.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #1070
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It just did the same thing again - I wanted to see a pdf file in the Chrome browser, but Mantano intercepted it. I have nothing against Mantano, in fact I have the pro version and often use it to view pdfs, but it's the lack of choice that bothers me. I'll send them a complaint directly in addition to writing about it here.
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #1071
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never had a problem with that myself. I always get a choice of apps to use unless I specify a default. And if I accidentally chose Mantano as a default, I'm always able to go into the Android application settings for Mantano and view/clear the "Launch by default" settings.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #1072
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
After several months of not using Mantano Reader I've just updated to the latest version. They still haven't corrected the display of illustrations too large to fit on a single screen. They are not reduced in size to fit, and there's no way of scrolling the display to view the complete illustration.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #1073
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
I got the premium version yesterday and no problems so far.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #1074
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

My favorite reading app, by far... and I've tried most of them.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #1075
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree. Good reader app and also a very nice interface that makes it easy to find and browse books.

I have 3000+ books and I have them all on my android tablet. I use calibre to fix metadata and save them to different folders depending on genre. After that it is easy to create collections in Mantano for the genres. New books are easy to add. Mostly epub, but also some pdfs.

I would really like to be able to automatically add books to collections based on tags. And rescan the books. But saving to folders also works.

I estimate that I can easily hold 6-8000 books on my xoom. But before that I suspect that I have upgraded to a new device with more memory.

Last edited by Adoby; 04-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #1076
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I would really like to be able to automatically add books to collections based on tags. And rescan the books. But saving to folders also works.
If you have already used Calibre to set the Tags correctly, can't you just use the group by Tags option - rather than having to bother with Collections or folders?

Mantano is my favourite Android reader too. It's the only one I've found so far which seems to always render epub css exactly as I've written it. The other big favourites, Moon+ and CoolReader both seem to have limitations with this.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #1077
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Yes, browsing using tags works fine, but I would prefer to be able to map just some specific tags to collections. Like names of genres.

I have not been very good at removing superfluous tags...
Old 04-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1078
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My favorite reading app, by far... and I've tried most of them.
I tried a lot too. My second choice is Fabrik, but the new version is bugged. Theresn't option to use note or put a selection on the text, create collections, etc.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #1079
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Never had a problem with that myself. I always get a choice of apps to use unless I specify a default. And if I accidentally chose Mantano as a default, I'm always able to go into the Android application settings for Mantano and view/clear the "Launch by default" settings.
Which is why I was so surprised to see this behavior. I prefer to stay on the page and continue reading the story, or check something else by the writer while the download continues in the background; I don't want to stop what I'm doing and attend to the download at that moment. I disabled the downloads window in Firefox, I want to be able to do the samehere.

In any case, I updated Mantano in the meantime, so we'll see what happens next time I decide to download a story.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #1080
citac
Fanatic

And now all of a sudden, Mantano has disappeared from my apps, and so has another reader. Why did this happen???