Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Kindle 3 wi-fi problem

I am temporarily deep in rural France. The house has an efficient wi-fi system (courtesy Wanadoo=Orange) and I know the password. I have now typed it in very carefully six times, but my Kindle still refuses to connect. I haven't had this problem elsewhere in Europe.

This is an irritation rather than a killer, because I am leaving soon to return to civilisation, but I shall be back for a bit in October and I would like to sort it out. Does anyone have any idea of the problem?
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
If the wifi system has mac address filtering turned on it will cause it. Or the type of security can cause the problem and then if the router is set to type n only the kindle will not connect
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
JiYu
JiYu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3nd
Please check the channel of the Access Point. The K3 is not supporting all European Channels. I had the same problem...

List of Channels: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels
JiYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
I had the same problem yesterday with Edimax 3G-6200n wireless router, unable to connect Kindle with this setup. I changed the settings from B/G/N channel to B only and the problem was solved.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
DougWeller
DougWeller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I had to reduce the speed of my router from 300mbs to 145 to make it compatible with the Kindle, which doesn't work with the new 'n' routers sometimes without doing this.
DougWeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
I had the same problem yesterday with Edimax 3G-6200n wireless router, unable to connect Kindle with this setup. I changed the settings from B/G/N channel to B only and the problem was solved.
If you're going to drop it down to a lower speed then use 802.11g as that is what the Kindle will definitely support. The channel bonding options for 802.11n aren't actually part of the 802.11n standard and may cause issues. Plain 802.11n is backwards compatible with devices like the Kindel.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #7
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Thanks for all the advice. At them moment I'm in Switzerland but will briefly be back in France later this month.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
Damaris
Damaris began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Dear friends,

I live in Holland (rotterdam zuid) and I just bought an second hand kindle 2 version 2.3. When I try to register I keep getting this message:

Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persisits, please restart your Kindle from the menu in Settings and try again.

So I have been try for the past 2 weeks and I am unable to register and unable to go to the store and unable to use my Kindle. What should I do? I have no idea how to solve this problem. Very frustrating!! Imagine getting a new gadget and not being able to use it or enjoy it??

Help me!!!

Damaris
Damaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Are you trying to register it using WiFi? K2's don't have WiFi. You would have to be in an area that receives 3G connectivity.

Have you tried registering online? You open an Amazon account. Then you create a Kindle account. You can register your Kindle using the Kindle account.

If this is the message you are getting trying to register using 3G then I would call Amazon Customer Support and ask what is happening.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I would suggest that you go to the Amazon website and register your Kindle using its serial number. Then try to reconnect via the Kindle.

Who ever previously owned the Kindle probably unregistered it from their account or, possibly it might have been stolen, if you are not acquainted with the person from whom you purchased it.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote