Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
SPAM account needs banning

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85248

That thread should pretty much say it all. Newly registered user pretty clearly associated with the company selling covers, whose only posts have been 'advertising' under the guise of just being a fellow reader.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85248
That thread should pretty much say it all. Newly registered user pretty clearly associated with the company selling covers, whose only posts have been 'advertising' under the guise of just being a fellow reader.
Stinger, to the left of each post, and to the right of the KARMA button is a little exclamation mark button. That will allow you to report a post to the Moderators for any particular reason (including spam). My experience is that the mods are usually pretty quick to respond.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Stinger, to the left of each post, and to the right of the KARMA button is a little exclamation mark button. That will allow you to report a post to the Moderators for any particular reason (including spam). My experience is that the mods are usually pretty quick to respond.

Cheers,
Marc
Noted , thanks Marc.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Noted , thanks Marc.
No worries. No face-palms though - it's not an obvious thing, and I don't think it hurts it for it to be periodically highlighted. I know the Mods appreciate attention such as yours giving them a heads-up via that button on potentially problematic posts/posters.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks, Marc. I also missed that button. The aforementioned spam did prompt me to the perversity of searching for B&N Nook accessories on Amazon. The selection is not bad, and I can actively avoid the spammer's products.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
Thanks, Marc. I also missed that button. The aforementioned spam did prompt me to the perversity of searching for B&N Nook accessories on Amazon. The selection is not bad, and I can actively avoid the spammer's products.
Ah, so it seems every spam has a silver lining. Well okay, maybe not every spam. Maybe just this one.

So how light is your wallet now (whoops, there goes the silver lining )?

Cheers,
Marc