Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #31
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
downloaded today and will give it a try and of course give feedback.
Thanks
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #32
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
I tried it on a folder with Palm zTXT (Windows XP) and it works well. Loading time is surprisingly fast . I will try it with linux in the next few days.

Some suggestions:
- Possibility to only display the file name and not the full path
- resizable window (fullscreen)
- setting for a default folder

Thank you for your work, I will keep checking
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #33
waveydavey
waveydavey began at the beginning.

Hi guys,

I created a simple Ebook catalogue application for my own use, but decided to make it available, for free of course.

I'm willing to expand it (time permitting) to meet any specific features you think would be cool.

You basically tell it the folder locations where your Ebooks are kept, and it will look in all sub-folders for matching Ebooks (it supports extensions of PDF, CHM, LIT, DOC, HTM, HTML, RTF, TXT, DJV, DJVU, PDB and PRC at the moment but I can easily add additional extension support).

Whenever you get new Ebooks, just start the "Update Library" process and the new books will be picked up and added to the library.

If you know the ISBN of your E-book (or the corresponding print edition), then it will also download the cover-art and author/publisher details from my server.

I'm also currently working on a plugin system (very early stages) that will allow third party developers to develop plugins. For example, to export a selected book to your hardware reader, or to generate a text list/csv of your Ebooks.

The software runs on Windows XP only and requires the Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 or greater to be installed.

You can find it at http://www.myebooklibrary.co.uk
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #34
waveydavey

oops. double post...

Last edited by waveydavey; 04-30-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #35
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
@ waveydavey: Could you add LRF for the Sony Reader to the supported file types?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #36
waveydavey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
@ waveydavey: Could you add LRF for the Sony Reader to the supported file types?
Sure. I'll make the changes and upload a new version tomorrow AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #37
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Wow, I'll try this out tonite
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #38
waveydavey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
v1.01 Beta is now available from the website which adds support for Sony Reader LRF files.

There is an update file which will upgrade your v1.00 installation. There is no need to reinstall the whole application.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #39
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #40
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm its a lazy saturday morning and I just discovered this thread. Just thought I'd point out that I wrote the libprs500 GUI to solve exactly these problems for myself. At the moment it supports metadata extraction from LRF and RTF files, will add PDF later. Also its designed around the concept that a single logical book can be implemented in various formats. It has backend support for the SONY reader and soon for the REB 1100 thanks to ashkulz. Also it will have the ability to convert various formats to LRF. It has the ability to display ebook lists sorted by various criteria as well as searching metadata.

Ofcourse it still in its early stages so not everything works as well as it should, but its open source and cross platform, so its only going to get better with time ;-)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #41
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
Hmm its a lazy saturday morning and I just discovered this thread. Just thought I'd point out that I wrote the libprs500 GUI to solve exactly these problems for myself. At the moment it supports metadata extraction from LRF and RTF files, will add PDF later. Also its designed around the concept that a single logical book can be implemented in various formats. It has backend support for the SONY reader and soon for the REB 1100 thanks to ashkulz. Also it will have the ability to convert various formats to LRF. It has the ability to display ebook lists sorted by various criteria as well as searching metadata.

Ofcourse it still in its early stages so not everything works as well as it should, but its open source and cross platform, so its only going to get better with time ;-)
now i gotta install python
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke
now i gotta install python
You knew the day would come ;-)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #43
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Are there any user reviews about any of these packages? I am curious about the feasibility / usability of what's been recommended before I give it a whirl.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 AM   #44
zhopudey
Noobie
zhopudey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (coming soon)
Hi, this is my first post here. I'm using Ice Reader Proffesional for reading and organising ebooks on my PC. Works for me, and it can also export to txt, which will work for any reader I guess. But I would like something which can look online and get more info about the books, sort of like CDDB for audio CDs.
zhopudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #45
Babblethrog
Babblethrog began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry
This is also my first post here as well.

The problem is that the meta data read isn't necessarily conducive to sorting by genre / series / topic. I hunted around for something like MP3TagStudio to do bulk renaming (including directory tree) but could not find anything that suited my needs.

I was able to use ICE Book Reader Pro...dump a whole directory into it and import all the titles, tweaked some authors, add series, series# / genre information etc. and export the relevant fields into an excel file and concactonated the fields to make the relevant structure and export to a text file.

ex. On Basilisk Staion.lit ;
\000_By Series\Honor Harrington\01 - On Basilisk Station - David Weber.lit

I did actually end up using MP3TagStudio to do the recursive directory file renaming...but it would be just as easy to flip into a .bat file.

I took a test bed of about 300 ebooks in various formats and the actual sort and renaming took a few seconds. I made up a few other versions of the to sort by author and by genre as well.

Clunky...but necessity was the mother for me as I have next to no coding skills.
Babblethrog is offline   Reply With Quote