Swordfish 0 0%
Hawk 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
tonyducks
tonyducks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Smile Conversion Adding Numbers Bewtween Paragraphs

I have read the PDF (read before you post), searched the internet and have tried all my imaginable ways to convert my PDF to MOBI but the result is the same.

For some reason calibre is adding numbers in between paragraphs when spacing them.

ie:

Finally he moved his lips. They were thick and drooping, like those of a goat.
'In the morning I find it difficult to open my mouth. Very difficult. I'm sorry

Can anyone help. I can handle the jumbled stuff but the numbers are really distracting.

thanks
tonyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well one easy option is just to download this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184133
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the problem you are encountering is page numbers from the original PDFs. I'm sure there are some posts on how to handle them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyducks View Post
For some reason calibre is adding numbers in between paragraphs when spacing them.
Calibre does not add content to books. The numbers you are seeing are part of the PDF you are converting. You should read the sticky post at the top of this forum titled Read this before Posting PDF Questions. The sticky posts at the top of calibre forums are full of pertinent information and should be read by all users before posting a question.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Best solution is crop the pdf before converting.
There are some free pdf cropping programs but I don't know what they are.

Next is search and replace see sticky at top. Bit of a learning curve but worth it in the end,

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert