Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #16
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
When I install the apps I've been using your tips and using ES File Explorer to install from the computer and that way the install files don't get downloaded to the Fire.

Thanks for all your tips.

BTW. Karma to you for all your help.

Carol

That's the way I prefer to install Apps as well, plus you have a backup of the App. The nice thing about the alternative App stores is almost all of them allow you to download Apps using a PC. I'm happy to help whenever I can.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meso123 View Post
Dear Obsessed2

Thank you so much. I extracted the apk file and used the Wifi File Explorer to move the file over and installed it. It immediately asked me for my SendToReader username/password and did a verification test. It is working just great on the Silk browser. I am very happy to have it because ever since I've had the Fire, I've been doing most of my browsing on the Fire and have been missing having SendToReader.

I also want to thank you for your explanations at the Alternative Android App Stores and Markets thread. The explanations are so helpful.

Thank you, again -
meso123

That's awesome. I'm actually happy to hear it works with the Silk browser. This is really a nice App. Works with Dolphin Mini too. I never heard of it until you mentioned it.

For those curious the Send To Reader App allows you to share a webpage to your Kindle Fire. However, it's not like a normal webpage. Send To Reader cleans out all the ads, banners etc. and turns it into a what looks like a book. Absolutely beautiful conversion.

Download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25986798/DroidToReader.apk

You have to setup an account here. I recommend you use a PC, especially when attempting to change your password: http://sendtoreader.com/

It's important to know the history of Android to understand why these alternative App markets emerged. These are legitimate businesses and some like AndroidPIT accept Paypal so you can rest assured they are safe as well.

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #18
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Thanks again for the help on the Wi-Drive app.
I echo that thanks. I bought it, installed and it works most excellent. Have converted several dvd's and put on it. Thank you so much!
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
I echo that thanks. I bought it, installed and it works most excellent. Have converted several dvd's and put on it. Thank you so much!

Happy to help. BTW, both you and monkeyluis have tested the App along with the Wi-Drive which means it is an excellent solution to the Fire's so-called limited storage capability. I just hope Amazon picks up on this because it could go a long way in promoting the Fire, especially since the Wi-Drive is a relatively inexpensive storage alternative that will probably get cheaper over time. For those curious:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...android+people

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Wi-Dr...4146328&sr=8-2

Even the 500 GB Seagate Mobile Drives are dropping in price:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Satell...4146734&sr=1-1

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...FYPc4AodSjynlg

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-17-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #20
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Happy to help. BTW, both you and monkeyluis have tested the App along with the Wi-Drive which means it is an excellent solution to the Fire's so-called limited storage capability. I just hope Amazon picks up on this because it could go a long way in promoting the Fire, especially since the Wi-Drive is a relatively inexpensive storage alternative that will probably get cheaper over time. For those curious:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...android+people

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Wi-Dr...4146328&sr=8-2
I have referred several people from the Amazon Discussions to those threads. Hopefully the price will come down some .. probably so since I've already purchased it.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
I have referred several people from the Amazon Discussions to those threads. Hopefully the price will come down some .. probably so since I've already purchased it.

Yes, that always seems to be one sure way to get the price to go down.