Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
ismokedu
ismokedu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Is this the cheapest kindle on the market?

Hey, really trying to get my hands on a kindle, just wondering, is this the cheapest one available?

Link deleted (may be phishing)

If not, could someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by mtravellerh; 06-16-2009 at 11:50 PM.
ismokedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
1. Your link is not correct, I think you mean:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons...dp/B00154JDAI/

2. Yes, that's the cheapest current Kindle on the market. You can find *used* Kindle 1s, the previous generation to the one in the Amazon link, on Amazon or ebay for cheaper prices:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons.../dp/B000FI73MA
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
ismokedu

Hmm, Idk I just copied the link off my browser, but thanks.

Is there anything cheaper though?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedu View Post

You could try ebay for a K2, but they are holding their price pretty well.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
ismokedu

Oh alright, thanks.
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ebay and possibly Craigslist.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
I would scan Craigslist. If you're patient you can find one for under $200, assuming you're near a large enough city.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 AM   #8
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedu View Post

Well, let's just make sure we are talking the same language. When you say you want a Kindle, are you specifically looking for a Kindle or for an electronic book reader?

Yes, Amazon is the only source for new Kindles and AFAIK they only have one price -- no special promotions or anything. You can find used Kindles at the usual places (e.g., ebay).

However, when you say: "Is there anything cheaper...". The answer is yes if you are looking for an ebook readers (not necessarily a Kindle brand reader). Right now, I am a Kindle fan, and I rate it tops (if you are in the U.S.). However, you may be able to get equivalent technology in the Sony for as cheap as $200 -- look in their forums to see whether it is still that cheap, since it was a special sale. Also, the Astak EZ reader is supposed to be on sale at Frys.com on July 3,4. I don't know the price, but its supposed to be the lowest ever, and I believe its already been down to $220 at one point in time. Another reader is the Etaco Jetbook (a slightly smaller reader with a different screen technology) -- its said to be available at $170.

If you are just looking for any ebook reader, then go up into the thread: "which one should I buy", describe your situation, and you will get lots of advice.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote