Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
nickkindle
nickkindle is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 3
Please point me in the right direction.

I have a Kindle with an official "paid for" Collins German to English dictionary.
And a second and (downloaded via a Linux group) which I will refer to as the "free" German - English dictionary.
And a third rarely used English to German dictionary which sits on my Kindle only for reference.

When I have the "free" dictionary SET as default, everything works fine. It translates downloaded books, downloaded newspapers Etc but unfortunately it is a little limited for my usage.

Now when I make the Collins dictionary default it translates downloaded books fine, BUT NOT downloaded newspaper or indeed German documents I have written myself.

In fact when I go to any German newspaper on my Kindle (with Collins DEFAULT) and move the cursor around little happens except that when the cursor is before an English word (in the German newspaper) it launches the NOT default English to German dictionary translation.

I'm not looking for an in depth solution but please can someone POINT me in the right direction.
Thanks in anticipation
Nick

Last edited by nickkindle; 06-15-2011 at 08:20 AM.
nickkindle is offline   Reply With Quote