Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
Navygirl2008
Navygirl2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Kindle Fire HD 10 calibre companion

I have used Calibre for several years. I was previously using a Kindle Fire HDX but the battery blew and i haven't fixed it yet. I bought a Kindle Fire HD 10 and I can't connect wireless or to the content server. I get a 'failed to connect' on calibre companion. I will be pretty bummed if i can't use calibre any more
Navygirl2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moving to CC forum
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you sure you are on the same network (and the same speed)?
Are you trying as a Wireless device or just the content server (mode)?
Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
Navygirl2008

I have tried wirelessly and as content server. Content server never works. It says I haven't started the server. I can very occasionally get connected wirelessly. Then I get either 10053 or 10054 errors in Calibre. I have tried in safe mode as well as turning off my firewall and Windows defender.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #5
Navygirl2008

And, yes on the same network. I sit about 5 feet from the router.
Advert
Old 01-28-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
Navygirl2008

calibre, version 3.30.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 591, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1479, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 718, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 604, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
Old 01-28-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navygirl2008 View Post
And, yes on the same network. I sit about 5 feet from the router.
My question was more about Multi-band (a,b,g,n) routers.

But I see from the log, you are getting kicked off.
The usual culprit is a firewall or antivirus...BUT you say Defender and that plays nice for me.
I would suggest you update Calibre 3.38.1 is the latest, even thought I don't recall a problem with Kindle Fire being fixed.
Are you sure you don't have another A/V running?

Can you use the normal browser on the fire to get to the content server

enter IPort in the address bar (the default port is 8080)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #8
Navygirl2008

I changed the inbound rules to public as well as private and now everything is working.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:15 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navygirl2008 View Post
I changed the inbound rules to public as well as private and now everything is working.
It should be Private. Public tightens the firewall to prevent inbound attacks.