Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 04:16 AM   #1
Cear
Cear began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Onyx Boox Max monitor mode problem

Hi, I've been using the E-reader as a monitor to study for a year and never had any particular problem, apart sometimes i had to close and re-enter monitor mode because it froze down.
But from about a week is getting really worse. Now i have to reinject the HDMI cable to restart from the freezing,it happens very often (like every 5 minutes) and it continuely presents "glitches" on the screen (which don't appear when browsing or usign the e-reader alone)

Any idea of what could be the problem?
Cear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Hi,
Is it possible that the HDMI cable is loose, and maybe getting a new cable to see if this fixes the issue. I had something similar and found that cable kept falling out after a month or two of use.
Eventually, I opted for a non-cable solution using splashtop streamer (uses wifi connection) but it is at a lower resolution. For me it worked out as I was mainly working with text. It works with Windows and Mac OS, and I can use touch input and keyboard (connected via bluetooth). So I place my onyx Max 2 Pro (4 GB RAM version) on top of my bluetooth keyboard and its like a little laptop. Personally, I don't like cables so this works for me, but the price is that you require wifi connectivity and lower resolution. It maybe a work around until you can find the source of your HDMI issues.
Goodluck!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #3
Cear
Cear began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryink View Post
Hi,
Is it possible that the HDMI cable is loose, and maybe getting a new cable to see if this fixes the issue. I had something similar and found that cable kept falling out after a month or two of use.
Eventually, I opted for a non-cable solution using splashtop streamer (uses wifi connection) but it is at a lower resolution. For me it worked out as I was mainly working with text. It works with Windows and Mac OS, and I can use touch input and keyboard (connected via bluetooth). So I place my onyx Max 2 Pro (4 GB RAM version) on top of my bluetooth keyboard and its like a little laptop. Personally, I don't like cables so this works for me, but the price is that you require wifi connectivity and lower resolution. It maybe a work around until you can find the source of your HDMI issues.
Goodluck!!
Thank you that was exactly the problem!
Cear is offline   Reply With Quote