Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #496
gogutier
gogutier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thanks! Sadly my kobo still doesn't work. the screen only blinks form white to black one time when I'm trying the hard reset but then nothing, I think it just broke
Old 05-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #497
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogutier View Post
Thanks! Sadly my kobo still doesn't work. the screen only blinks form white to black one time when I'm trying the hard reset but then nothing, I think it just broke
I always have to ask, how are you doing a "hard reset"? If you are using the pinhole to reset the device, all that is doing is turning it off and on. Do a manual factory and see what that does.
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #498
Bielweb
Bielweb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Aura H2O
Dear Community Dear davidfor,

our Kobo Aura HD passed away some weeks ago. Only life sign are the 3 round dots. All kind of resets are not successful. Therefore we are looking for an image to reactivate the reader hopefully by using the image with sd card slot.

Thank you and regards from Austria
Old 05-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #499
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

And I would suggest using a new SD card. That sort of behaviour can suggest a failing card.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:46 AM   #500
paulz42
paulz42 began at the beginning.

Hi
I also seem to have a dead SD card in my Aura HD.
Can someone PM me a link to a new image so I can replace the old card ?

Thanks,
Paul
Advert
Old 05-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #501
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #502
bansheeat
bansheeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Mark 4
Aura HD Bricked

I also bricked my Aura HD. I try to put Firmware on the Device using my PC, after disconnecting from the PC the Screen got black. Then I turned it on, Screen is white and the LED is blinking.

I waited for 30 Min. nothing happened. I charged my Reader for two hours, but still it is not starting.

So I turned it off.

What can I do now ? Help appreciated
Old 05-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #503
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But..

The first thing to try is a manual factory reset using the buttons. Then try the image if that doesn't work.

Last edited by davidfor; 05-11-2020 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Missed the word "factory".
Old 05-11-2020, 04:25 AM   #504
bansheeat
bansheeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Mark 4
Thank you for the Image, I keep it for Emergency.
Luckily I found your Advice in Post No.53 which resurrected my Aura HD. Your Information was very helpful - cause I did not find anywhere else any Info about restoring my Device with use of the Light Button. So I am very grateful for that
Old 05-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #505
oddroot
oddroot began at the beginning.

Hey davidfor,

Could I also grab a copy of hte Aura HD SD image please? I've tried factory resets, and updates, and I'm just stuck in a restore loop.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #506
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #507
colt977
colt977 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD N204B
Hey davidfor,

May you please send me a copy of the Aura HD SD Image. My Kobo is stuck on the "Restoring" screen. At this point my computer won't recongnize it when I plug it in, and neither a soft reset or manual factory reset has worked to bring it back.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:32 AM   #508
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #509
gogutier
gogutier began at the beginning.

Yes, I did that. I could barely see the image on the screen and it actually works, but the image is almost completely fade (white) so I guess the screen is broken.

Thanks anyway
Old 06-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #510
MaxMid71
MaxMid71 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Kobo aura hd bricked

I Bricked my Kobo Aura HD. Model N° N204B.
Could anyone give me a working SD Card Image?
Thanks
Closed Thread