Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hulu Plus

Are you currently using this on your Kindle Fire or had you initiated the one month trial and cancelled?

Just looking for some experiences at this time. My main interest is the Criterion Collection which I browsed on the web and it shows a good deal I'd be interested in.

I have Netflix and I'm unsure of the availability there and I don't have Amazon Prime.

Anyway, whatever you'd like to offer regardless of those specific movies would be appreciated.

Robert
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
i have netflix and also prime. I loaded the hula plus then decided I did not want to register for the month trial.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Ha. I tried the month trial of Hulu Plus...and maybe actually used it twice. I just never saw anything that I wanted to watch.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have both Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime. I do not have Netflix. I love Hulu. I can catch up on TV shows on my own schedule and discover new ones. I also like watching the short clips from shows. In general, if you like TV then give Hulu a try. I do find that they have access to shows that Prime does not without paying extra. If you like movies, then stick with Netflix.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Anything you see on Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime you can get through Netflix with better control and much better features.

I have Amazon Prime but only watch their movies using Netflix. Netflix keeps bookmarks in each movie and keeps your recent movies right on top of their lists. They have no limits on days or weeks to watch the movie and finish it.

Amazon Prime give you 3 days to finish it and keeps it buried among hundreds of others.

I don't have Hulu Plus but really doubt it can match the Netflix features. Netflix also allows you to get the DVD or the Streaming version.

Finally, the ratings you give movies result in great recommendations from Netflix for future movies to watch.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
semillon
Enthusiast
semillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad
The big advantage to Hulu + is current season TV. They have pretty good coverage of most new shows the day after they air with the notable exception of CBS titles. There are a few titles that are web only which is rather annoying, but I have had pretty good luck with the stuff I watch. If you want past seasons or movies, netflix or amazon would be a better bet - without commercials.

As far as the app goes, the video quality is pretty good. The controls are a little irritating; if you want to change brightness to see a dark show better you have to stop playback, and the settings adjustments kick you back to the menu. The menus only display in portrait, which is slightly irritating for a video app.
semillon is offline   Reply With Quote