Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Question about a plugin to finish

Hi,

I'm trying to make a plugin for automating some usual tasks I do when I process ebooks. I want to perform a task after the Count pages plugin finishes, and I launch the plugin inside my own plugin.

My problem comes when I want to wait till the plugin finishes. As I launch it with load_actual_plugin, if I call to job_manager.has_jobs () no job is found. I try to sleep some time and check if the page column is fulfilled. This works only if I launch an auxiliary dialog, which does nothing, but Iif I don't launch that dialog I have a never ending loop, as it looks like the field is never updated (and no indication of job is included at the GUI).

I can live with the auxiliary dialog, but I would like to know is there is a better method (yes, it's a rudimentary way buy I don't have a lot of knowledge of calibre this is my best approach).

Thank you very much in advance.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont use load actual plugin. Get a reference to another plugin via

self.gui.iactions

which is where calibre stores plugins after loading them.

As for waiting for the plugin job to finish it depends on the plugin and how it runs jobs. Note that simply loading the plugin will not run a job. You will need to call some thod in the plugin that actually does something.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, I'll try this, and about creating job.. I'll have to see what has to be done, but I'm calling the method which is provided to invoke it from other plugins.

Thank you again. I'll update the thread if I'm able to do it... or not, and I need more help

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-22-2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 11-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I'll try this, and about creating job.. I'll have to see what has to be done, but I'm calling the method which is provided to invoke it from other plugins.

Thank you again. I'll update the thread if I'm able to do it... or not, and I need more help
@Terisa de morgan - I hope that you're able to develop this
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you @BetterRed, I already know which the problem is, at least, (the job doesn't begin till my plugin gives control). Now I have to see if I'm able to find a solution (back to my plugin till the other job has finished).
Advert
Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My first thought was that you could start another job that prompts for attention. That way the count would run and then the job in your plugin would pop up. But, that will only work if the user has calibre set to run only one job at a time. I'm also not sure if the job will have all the context you need.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The right way to do this is to modify the count pages plugin to allow setting callbacks when the job is completed. So the function that launches a job in that plugin should be modified to take another function as a parameter, that will be called when the job is completed.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:38 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, @kovid, you're right, and I'm trying to do that.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:16 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Ditto, thank you very much, a minor change at the Count Pages plugin and some changes at my plugin to update the database.