Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Review of iLiad and Kindle

As mentioned on teleread, School Library Journal has an article: Ebook Readers the Kindle, iLiad Reviewed. The Kindle and iLiad are in some ways the most alike of the the current e-book readers, but the reviewer judges the Kindle to be the better executed device. I use my iLiad more than my Kindle, because of the iLiad's bigger screen, but the Kindle does illustrate what the iLiad could have been with better software (and perhaps more marketing clout). I am less optimistic than the reviewer about iRex's ability to catch up on the software front.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have both, too and I use the Kindle more (or at least I did until the screen died) because of the slightly smaller size and weight make it more portable for me. In other words the Kindle fits in my purse better than the Iliad. I also really like the ease of getting blogs, newspapers, and magazines. Not a lot of variety but Amazon has what I regularly read.

A few other things I like about the Kindle is that it boots up much faster than the Iliad, it has a sleep mode, and it's very easy to get content wirelessly.

The Iliad has more potential, IMO, but I don't have the time and energy right now to learn how to make it work for me.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert