Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Depending on the Kindle, I think you may get a better price selling it. A PW3 I do think you'd do better selling (for example).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:40 PM   #17
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
California Bay Area?
The display will cook in the summer.
Good point! Okay, if I sell this I will do it on eBay. I can't wait for the trade-in program and would do as well if not better selling on my own.
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
If you want to use your trade-in for the new Oasis, call Amazon customer service. They will fix it all for you. That's what they did when I traded in units for the Voyage. Worked great.

And I agree with JSWolf. If your unit is working, you generally will get a better price on Ebay than for the trade-in (just like cars!).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #19
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
I did that once. Tried to cool it off over the following hour. I reset it and fired it up. Works fine now, but sure scared me for awhile when it wasn't responding.

Anyone know if they let you trade in two Kindles and get the $20 credit for both devices?
Only if you contact customer service!! Otherwise the second $20 credit often doesn't show up.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Kindle Trade-in Promo Bonus Takes Extra $50 off Kindle Paperwhite

Link

So, trade in device for whatever they give you, plus $50.

I maybe shouldn't have posted that here in the Oasis thread....

Last edited by booklover6; 10-17-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: updated to correct my mistake
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #21
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
They were going to offer me $65 for my Voyage but they are selling for $100 and up on eBay.
Also, I when I read the fine print for the extra $20 bonus credit, it specifically left out the Oasis so you might have to fight to get it, if you can get it at all.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #22
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
If the new Oasis is to my liking, I will trade in my old Oasis. The older the devices get, the less you get for it. At least I know who I am dealing with then. Ebay you never know and I don't feel like getting screwed over. I haven't used ebay in so many years. Nah, too risky for me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:33 AM   #23
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
They were going to offer me $65 for my Voyage but they are selling for $100 and up on eBay.
Also, I when I read the fine print for the extra $20 bonus credit, it specifically left out the Oasis so you might have to fight to get it, if you can get it at all.
It looks to me like the Oasis is included.

Quote:
Once your Kindle trade-in is accepted, you can place a Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite (WiFi – Without Special Offers, WiFi + Free Cellular Connectivity), Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis, or Kindle for Kids Bundle in your cart and the bonus $20 savings will be automatically applied at checkout. The bonus $20 savings will expire at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on February 28, 2018.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Does Amazon plan to go out of business on March 1, 2018?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #25
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
It looks to me like the Oasis is included.
I stand corrected. Good deal then for those that do it.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
I got in on this yesterday.. this little deal + the fairly generous trade in values pushed me over the edge.

I still have a PW1, they wouldn't take that. They offer $100 for the first generation Oasis + the $20.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #27
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I can confirm that the $20 bonus applies to purchase of the new Oasis. I sent my PW2 in for trade-in late last week and pre-ordered the Oasis. Yesterday I received my $35 credit plus the $20 bonus, and then I edited my payment information on my pre-order and the $20 was automatically applied.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #28
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Don't forget eBay and PayPal fees. Those work out to at least 15% of the selling price. So the 2 options aren't really that far apart.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #29
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i pre-ordered my oasis the day after it was announced. i already sent in my voyage for the trade-in program. it is scheduled to reach amazon on 10/27. since my delivery date is estimated to be 11/13, i have time to edit my order and apply the $65 + $20 credit to this new oasis.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #30
Arjun1985
Arjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enoughArjun1985 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
I am confused about this trade in deal for the all new Kindle Oasis.

Kindle Trade-In

I checked and my Voyage trade in was $65 plus the $20 credit that would be $85 I could use for the new Oasis.

Are you supposed to trade in first before ordering the Oasis? And do you go Kindle-less for weeks while waiting for the Oasis to arrive later in November?

So I had the same question... This is what you can do.. Dont trade in now.. Once you get the Oasis do the trade-in. They will give you the trade in price. Regarding the promotional $20 just chat with them they can credit it to your card or gift balance once you have completed the trade-in as you have already purchased the Kindle Oasis. I have confirmed this with Amazon Rep.
Arjun1985 is offline   Reply With Quote