Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #106
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
This issue you have with Edge is nothing to do with Android or TCL.

I used, sold and programmed MS Products for decades. I'm realistic, not hating.

You are blaming Android and TCL for MS's poor software.

I've used NT 3.5 to Windows 10. You can "freeze" the system with a user program or even get a BSOD since NT 4.0.

I've used UNIX in 1980s. Android since version 3.0

Linux since about 1997.

Discuss Edge browser for Android in its own thread. It's got ZERO to do with the TCL Nxtpaper 11

The voluntary take up of Edge outside of MS Windows is tiny. I've never seen any browser "freeze" Android, but I've not used Edge. I've used Einkbro, Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Samsung, Opera and some others on Android.

Edge is a browser that's part of Windows 10 and 11. It's not even the original Edge, but now based on Chrome. Chrome works fine on Android (I've tested Android 7 to 13) and the TCL Nxtpaper.

Last edited by Quoth; Yesterday at 04:50 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #107
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Discuss Edge browser for Android in its own thread. It's got ZERO to do with the TCL Nxtpaper 11
exactly, please save us from your off-topic "wisdom"
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #108
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Microsoft gives awesome reading tools in Edge, the reading mode and read aloud, puls now the bing copilot. I use it for reading web content, it's the best browser for that task.
Ok, using a browser for web content makes sense. I wasn't so sure what you meant by "mobile reader" in your previous post.

I haven't tried all dedicated ebook reader apps on android but there must be some that can use Google's speach synthesis. My Meebook has this feature in the build in reading app, the app is quite good, by the way. I tried it once, just to hear what it sounds like, it wasn't that bad. But I really don't like audio books, I rather read myself so I haven't any real use for this feature.

The TCL 40 NxtPaper has a dedicated headphone jack, by the way.

I just installed Edge via Aurora Stroe, out of curiosity to see if it freezes my TCL NP 11. It doesn't. I could visit the mobileread website (which presented me with a cookie choice, which reminded me why it is important to deactivate JavaScript and cookies in every browser I use) and also ask copilot a question (the answer was followed by some ads, won't use it again then).
Edge works when Google Play services are disabled, which is good, some apps don't work with the disabled services.
I haven't tried more with Edge and uninstalled it right away.

Maybe you could specify under what conditions Edge freezes on your NP 11?
Gormagon is offline   Reply With Quote