Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
joneall
joneall began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Calilbre does not view books on Kubuntu

When I start calibre, it tells me

"link hasn't been detected!"

twice. The link name seems to be blank.

Then when I try to view a book, it pedals quietly a few seconds, but nothing happens.

I know I had this problem with a previous installation (ahem...) and found a solution, but I can't find it again. If I find it again, I will write it down.

It works with some books, but one it does not work with is the Cybook Users Manual in PRC format! It seems to work ok with text files. Sorry if this is a bit vague.
joneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you try to view the book, there is no output to the terminal?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, calibre works fine with my sony prs-600. Are you opening to read a book from the device or from the computer?

before you try again, open a terminal, run tail -f /var/log/messages then try the link - do the errors show up in messages?
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
joneall

When I click read, I do not see anything on the console where I launched calibre. Just after launch, however, it always says

link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!

However, in /var/log/messages, when I click on view I see

Oct 2 09:47:13 jon-desktop kernel: [10220.098933] calibre-paralle[19637]: segfault at ff970004 ip b4ecb6c7 sp bfc79c1c error 4 in libQtWebKit.so.4.5.0[b4989000+ddc000]

Is that the culprit? Should something else be installed? apt-cache search shows me a

libqtwebkit2.2-cil - Qt4 bindings for CLI, QtWebkit edition

which has not been installed. Should it be?

Thanks for your help, both of you.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah the segfault is the reason. You have a binary install of calibre, correct? What version of kubuntu?
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
joneall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah the segfault is the reason. You have a binary install of calibre, correct? What version of kubuntu?
I installed Calibre from the Kubuntu distribution with apt-get.

Kubuntu is 9.04 Jaunty.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try the binary calibre installer from the calibre website.