Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@eschwartz: Thanks for the review, I'll look into all that .

(And no, they build against the live system, at least in most cases. Certainly in mine ).

I'm curious as to what's depending on python-html2text though, because I don't have it installed, and I haven't hit any breakage yet (granted, I don't use newsfeeds).

EDIT: Done (and nothing horribly blew up ;p)! Many thanks for the pointers .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-15-2019 at 08:45 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm curious as to what's depending on python-html2text though, because I don't have it installed, and I haven't hit any breakage yet (granted, I don't use newsfeeds).
It's actually used for various metadata downloads, sanitizing html in Comments (if the regular expression '<script|<table|<tr|<td|<th|<style|<iframe' matches against a comment), creating the form email body when sending books via email, as part of the csv/bibtext catalog exporter, somewhere deep in the guts of the fb2 format assuming anyone still uses it, and in parts of the conversion preprocessor (though if you don't convert PDFs or txt files and you don't smarten punctuation, you might not hit this).

I'm fairly positive it isn't used in newsfeeds at all, as that is generally just using bs4/html5-parser to grab some html and turn it into slightly cleaner html. html2text is usually when you want to throw out basically everything, which is a bit different.

Incidentally, in setup.py install the --root option is kinda pointless since it's directly a synonym for --staging-root. I assume you need to override --prefix with an explicit libdir because gentoo doesn't simply map to /usr/lib ?

You'll also probably want to mkdir -p "${D}/usr/share/zsh/site-functions" if you want to install zsh completions.

You may also want to consider https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/pull/930 -- apparently newer versions of liberation fonts have been known to BSOD windows as well as possibly Sony ereaders.

jxrlib is needed for the JxrDecApp program, used in calibre.utils.img to handle JPEG-XR images. Basically, needed for much the same reason optipng is (even though not everyone actually tries to run the optimize_png routines).

I have... no idea why mtdev is listed as a dependency, it was originally added in 2015 for calibre 2.17.0-1, but there's no paper trail for "why". I should examine this someday.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@eschwartz: Noted, thanks!

Fixed everything, except for JPEG-XR support, since that's an obscure enough feature for me that I don't want to have to deal with the semi-dead upstream package with its apparently flaky buildsystem and Java shenanigans. Ergh. .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote