Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
othalan
othalan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat on cover save

I just installed calibre 0.7.46 on a linux system (Debian testing). Downloading the cover image for a book worked, but when I click "OK" in the metadata dialog I receive the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/metadata_single.py", line 950, in accept
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 891, in set_cover
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/draw.py", line 42, in save_cover_data_to
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/__init__.py", line 112, in load
Exception: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `' @ error/blob.c/BlobToImage/349

The book:

"A Hard Day's Knight" by Simon R. Green

Am I missing a required package? Or is this a bug?
othalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How did you install calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
othalan

I installed using the command-line python script provided on the downloads page for Linux. I used that (instead of the Debian package) so I could get the latest version of calibre as Debian can sometimes lag a significant ways behind.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this happening for all books or just a particular book?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
othalan

I did some experiments, it seems to be happening for all books. Same error message, nothing in the quotes ever.
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then you have some kind of library conflict probably an incompatible version of libjpeg between the binary and your system

Run this command

Code:
LD_DEBUG=libs calibre-debug -c "from calibre.utils.magick.draw import identify as i; print i(I('lt.png')); print i(I('devices/nook.jpg'))" 2> log; grep png log; grep jpeg log

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 02-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
othalan

A highly useful command! I used that to update my library path and got it all working.

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 AM   #8
lantolin
lantolin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Wifi
Hi,

I found this thread googling "NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat" because I have the same problem.

Calibre: 0.7.52 installed from binary installer.
Debian: 6.0.1 (squeeze) all packages up to date

calibre server started as:

Code:
/opt/calibre/bin/calibre-server --with-library Calibre\ Library
leads to:

Code:
/opt/calibre/bin/calibre-server: error while loading shared libraries: libcalibre-launcher.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I tried:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/calibre/lib /opt/calibre/bin/calibre-server --with-library Calibre\ Library/ &
With that it gets up but images are not displayed and I see this:

Code:
  File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/content.py", line 160, in get_cover
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/draw.py", line 112, in thumbnail
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/__init__.py", line 132, in load

This is the output of your suggested command:

Code:
LD_DEBUG=libs calibre-debug -c "from calibre.utils.magick.draw import identify as i; print i(I('lt.png')); print i(I('devices/nook.jpg'))" 2> log; grep png log; grep jpeg log
(128, 128, u'png')
(77, 120, u'jpeg')
      7589:	find library=libpng14.so.14 [0]; searching
      7589:	  trying file=/opt/calibre/lib/libpng14.so.14
      7589:	calling init: /opt/calibre/lib/libpng14.so.14
      7589:	calling init: /opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/png.so
      7589:	/opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/png.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: png_LTX_RegisterPNGImage (fatal)
      7589:	/opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/png.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: png_LTX_UnregisterPNGImage (fatal)
      7589:	calling fini: /opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/png.so [0]
      7589:	calling fini: /opt/calibre/lib/libpng14.so.14 [0]
      7589:	find library=libjpeg.so.8 [0]; searching
      7589:	  trying file=/opt/calibre/lib/libjpeg.so.8
      7589:	calling init: /opt/calibre/lib/libjpeg.so.8
      7589:	calling init: /opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/jpeg.so
      7589:	/opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/jpeg.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage (fatal)
      7589:	/opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/jpeg.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage (fatal)
      7589:	calling fini: /opt/calibre/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders/jpeg.so [0]
      7589:	calling fini: /opt/calibre/lib/libjpeg.so.8 [0]

But unfortunately I don't know what to do with that info.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

/Luis
lantolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You run calibre-server as

/opt/calibre/calibre-server

not /opt/calibre/bin/calibre-server
Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
lantolin
lantolin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Wifi
That solved it, silly me

Thanks for your quick response and many congrats for a fantastic piece of software.
lantolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #11
kiathuang
kiathuang began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Nexus One)
Hi Lantolin, Kovidgoyal

How did you change the path so that calibre can download book images ok?

I have the same problem with Calibre 0.8.4 in that every book download results in an error. Even though the image the URL points to exists and is correct.

* the command I'm using to launch calibre is:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/calibre/lib /opt/calibre//bin/calibre

* my system is Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS (Lucid)

* I didn't change anything related to libjpeg that I know of

An example from the debug log reads:

Starting cover download for: The Robber Bride
Query: The Robber Bride [u'Margaret Atwood'] {u'isbn': u'9780770428211'}
Invalid cover from Amazon.com
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/covers.py", line 56, in process_result
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/__init__.py", line 132, in load

****************************** Amazon.com Covers ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')]
Failed to download valid cover
Took 0.323365926743 seconds
Downloading cover from: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...%2B7E2TlL..jpg

************************************************** ******************************

Last edited by kiathuang; 06-04-2011 at 07:37 AM.
kiathuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You want

/opt/calibre/calibre

not

/opt/calibre//bin/calibre