Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Delete warning window

Since the 0.7 release, I've noticed that Calibre now pops up with the confirmation dialogue when deleting books from my Kobo. In previous versions, this window only popped up when deleting items from your library, not a device.

I like the old behaviour, so I checked the box that hides future delete confirmations when deleting a book from my Kobo. Unfortunately, this seems to be a global setting, as I no longer receive the confirmation when deleting Library items either.

OK, so that's the back-story, here's my 2-part question:

1. How can I re-enable the delete warning once I've disabled it via the checkbox? I couldn't find an option for it in the preferences.

2. Is it somehow possible to configure the old behaviour back? (warn when deleting Library items, do not when deleting device stuff).
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
1. How can I re-enable the delete warning once I've disabled it via the checkbox? I couldn't find an option for it in the preferences.
The only way I know of is to delete the file 'dynamic.pickle' from your configuration directory. This will reset all the dynamic options, including column order, column size, sort order, and probably a bunch of other things.
Quote:
2. Is it somehow possible to configure the old behaviour back? (warn when deleting Library items, do not when deleting device stuff).
The warning was added in response to an enhancement request. We now have competing enhancement requests. I am going for safety, and will leave the dialog in. However, the fact that the two dialogs share the same checkbox is a bug. I have fixed it, which should go a long way toward solving your problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
However, the fact that the two dialogs share the same checkbox is a bug. I have fixed it, which should go a long way toward solving your problem.
This is precisely what I was hoping for Thank you!

Regarding the first issue, Do you guys plan on adding in a option so we can re-enable the warning without loosing all that customization data?
In the meantime, will deleting the .pickle file you mentioned loose any non-cosmetic data? I don't really care about column sizes and orders, but I'm curious if anything in that "bunch of other things" you mentioned isn't cosmetic, such as any form of book metadata, or even the per-book conversions settings, and things of that sort.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No the pickle file is purely GUI related.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
carman
carman began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
I have the same problem (fat fingered the check box)... but I can not find the dynamic.pickle file in order to delete it. Has it been changed to something else ??
carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Since the earlier posts were made, a button was added to the gui to clear these boxes. See preferences -> behavior -> reset all disabled confirmation dialogs.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote