Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 01:51 AM   #61
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzur View Post
would like to know where the instructions state to copy the directory to .adds
If you use fmon
  • Move vlasovsoft folder to .adds
  • To change 2 files: vlasovsoft\launcher.sh
    Code:
    export ROOT=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/vlasovsoft
    and .kobo\fmon\fmon_launcher.sh
    Code:
    $root/.kobo/fmon/fmon $root/launcher.png $root/.kobo/vlasovsoft/launcher.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    (replace .kobo on .adds)
  • Reboot your reader

Last edited by Semwize; 10-12-2019 at 02:03 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #62
sirzur
sirzur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
If you use fmon
  • Move vlasovsoft folder to .adds
Thanks for the help. It turns out fmon is installed by default with Cool Reader. All I then had to do was perform the two edits you mentioned and I was up and running. (Had a Oh Oh moment when I did not reboot the device)
sirzur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:50 PM   #63
Glukkkk
Enthusiast
Glukkkk began at the beginning.

Device: Forma _ KSM-9 _ vlasovsoft
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I've made a small hack to prevent Kobo from importing dotfiles/folders.
Will it work on firmware 4.21.15015 Kobo Forma?

UPD Works great

Last edited by Glukkkk; 05-24-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Glukkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:18 PM   #64
welp
welp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
How does this regex work

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
(not tested)

\\.(?!kobo(?!/vlasovsoft)|adobe).*?

I tried this but it didn't work. I made a folder called test and I added this to the config file:

Code:
\\.(?!kobo(?!/test)|adobe).*?
Can some one help me understand this regex? I tried put this in some regex editors, but it won't recognize it. Specifically, the \\ in the beginning.

I want to hide two folders, /test and /test2. I also wanted to hide the icons in root such as vlasovsoft.png, kfmon.png, and koreader.png (if hiding it does not interfere with koreader and kfmon).

Thank you!
welp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:21 AM   #65
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Need explanation on how to install kobo-dotfile-hack-ng

Hi, can someone pls explain to me like I'm a 14 y.o how to install it?

(I managed to install KOReader+Plato and have some experience, but not how to do this.)

Details:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...22#post4106022
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #66
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Also, once I install the fix, will all the PNG files etc that are showing up in my library disappear by themselves?

What do I have to do?

I already just did a huge import of books so that I could easily add them to the right 'collections'. I hope I can avoid repeating this.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #67
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Download this (https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjob...2FKoboRoot.tgz) into the .kobo folder (don't extract it). Then, the PNG files will be deleted by the Kobo and you'll need to reinstall KOReader and Plato.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:36 AM   #68
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Does anyone have an idea of the latest way to do this?
(The file above is no longer available)
I have a bunch of PNGs showing in my library.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:47 AM   #69
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you don't want to import when you reset, you won't be able to do this with a config option, as that will be cleared when you sign out or reset. Here is a build of my mod (and the source) which will persist unless you do a full reset (which also wipes your books) or you manually remove it over telnet or ssh. You'll need to copy KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo dir.

Tell me if this works for you (it shouldn't attempt to import anything new from any dir named books anymore). Note that this will probably remove the book from nickel (but not the sd card), so you may want to make a copy of the contents of KOBOeReader first.
What do you do with it?

I've dealt with this problem before but was too dumb to write down how I did it.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:59 AM   #70
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Okay I think this worked so I will post it to help others:

Get this file from this thread:
kobo-dotfile-hack_f1a6243--hide-books-dir.zip
(I assume the first version in the OP might also work)

Put KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder (don't extract it).

Then, the PNG files will be deleted by the Kobo
(it will restart)
RESCAN FULL (if you have that on your nickelmenu)

Then you'll need to reinstall KOReader and Plato.

(This can be done by simply downloading the zip file with the name similar to that below, putting it in the root of the Kobo (the very top folder) and unzipping. Replace all. After you unplug, it should say 'updating')

OCP-Plato-0.9.19_KOReader-v2021.08.zip

Last edited by LivresInOz; 09-18-2021 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:46 PM   #71
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I can't figure this one out. I don't like having all my books in top folderr. How would i get nickle to ignore Books/.thumbnail-previews (generated by plato)

thanks in advance
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #72
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I can't figure this one out. I don't like having all my books in top folderr. How would i get nickle to ignore Books/.thumbnail-previews (generated by plato)

thanks in advance
Follow the instructions at the beginning of this page and reboot.

However, if the Kobo has already indexed those hidden files, you'll have to delete them one at a time from the user interface to remove them from Kobo's database. That'll delete the files from the file system too, so after that, you'll need to re-copy Plato as well.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if that regular expression assumes hidden directories only on the top level and won't affect nested hidden folders. Perhaps flashing the file in the OP would work better?

Last edited by rtiangha; 12-02-2021 at 07:59 PM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #73
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Follow up on my own post, I ended up with

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?|Books.\\..+)
This works for my narrow case of excluding Books/.hidden It does the job of hiding .hidden but still let Nickle import new items in Books
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, hidden, import, kobo, ldpreload