Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
grove
grove began at the beginning.

Device: none
Searching Metadata fields e.g. Comments

I use the Comments section of the metadata to store my own notes about a book's contents. Things that might be useful later, keywords even a copy of the contents page or index. This is a quicker way of checking a book rather than opening and finding the relevant section.

What I would like to be able to do is to SEARCH the comments field contents. How can I do this? Maybe there is a plugin?

Thanks.
grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
you can Search the Library Comments from the search tool
Code:
comments:'word to find'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, metadata, search