Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
Shiko
Shiko began at the beginning.

Device: Sony RPS-600
Problem with battery RPS-600 charge.

Greetings to all.
Yesterday I have received from shop by mail Sony eBook Reader RPS-600, but at once there was a problem with a battery charge. At connection of cable USB lights up red LED for some minutes after that LED dies away and appears "USB connected" on the screen. After switching-off of cable USB on the screen there is in the middle a message "Low battery". At new connection of cable USB all repeats and even at long connection of cable USB (all night long) the battery isn't charged. At first sight reader works normally, but the charge of the battery suffices only on listening of one-two songs. Similar on defect of the battery or the scheme of a charge of the reader.
There can be somebody faced a similar problem?
Shiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
A few questions to help us solve your problem:

1. Does your computer go into sleep mode, right about the time the red light turns off and the "USB connected" message is displayed?

2. Are your using the USB cable provided with your reader?

3. Have you tried using another USB port on your computer for charging?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Shiko
Shiko began at the beginning.

Device: Sony RPS-600
I tried to charge it on two different computers and by a charger from mine Photobank. But Windows on both computers do not determined the device. Then I have tried to train the battery by its discharge listening to songs. Through some cycles Windows has suddenly determined the device and has suggested to install the eBook Library. I have pressed "OK", but there was a message like "check up your access to the Internet". After that, though eBook Library hasn't been installed, the battery charge proceeded about an hour while I turn off the computer. In this time the battery was charged on one point. This morning I have again connected the reader to the computer, but Windows have determined the device only about 3 or 4 times. And only after that and also the next offer to install eBook Library the battery charge has gone. It seems that this program restriction on a battery charge. What it is necessary to make, that it to avoid?
Shiko is offline   Reply With Quote