Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #1336
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Nice! Picked up the second as well
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #1337
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Look, not a huge sale, but Imajica by Clive Barker is $8.49 at Amazon US. This is the whole book, not the split in half version. There's new illustrations (by Clive? No other artist is mentioned) and an appendix. If having an appendix isn't a sure sign this is more fantasy than horror, I don't know what is.

$8.50 is steep for a 'bargain', but it's the cheapest Imajica has been in years. It went to $3.50 once, in 2014.

Quote:
From master storyteller Clive Barker comes an epic tale of myth, magic, and forbidden passion

Imajica is an epic beyond compare: vast in conception, obsessively detailed in execution, and apocalyptic in its resolution. At its heart lies the sensualist and master art forger, Gentle, whose life unravels when he encounters Judith Odell, whose power to influence the destinies of men is vaster than she knows, and Pie 'oh' pah, an alien assassin who comes from a hidden dimension.

That dimension is one of five in the great system called Imajica. They are worlds that are utterly unlike our own, but are ruled, peopled, and haunted by species whose lives are intricately connected with ours. As Gentle, Judith, and Pie 'oh' pah travel the Imajica, they uncover a trail of crimes and intimate betrayals, leading them to a revelation so startling that it changes reality forever.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 07:16 PM   #1338
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Look, not a huge sale, but Imajica by Clive Barker is $8.49 at Amazon US. This is the whole book, not the split in half version. There's new illustrations (by Clive? No other artist is mentioned) and an appendix. If having an appendix isn't a sure sign this is more fantasy than horror, I don't know what is.

$8.50 is steep for a 'bargain', but it's the cheapest Imajica has been in years. It went to $3.50 once, in 2014.
£1.99 at Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FC12AA
and also Kobo UK although this may be a different version (no mention of an appendix or new illustrations) - https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/imajica-1
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:06 PM   #1339
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
and also Kobo UK although this may be a different version (no mention of an appendix or new illustrations) - https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/imajica-1
Eh, I already paid the $8.50. The illustrations are by Clive, incidentally.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:26 AM   #1340
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Infestation by William Meikle is $0.99 at Amazon US.
Quote:
It was supposed to be a simple mission. A suspected Russian spy boat is in trouble in Canadian waters. Investigate and report are the orders.

But when Captain John Banks and his squad arrive, it is to find an empty vessel, and a scene of bloody mayhem.

Soon they are in a fight for their lives, for there are things in the icy seas off Baffin Island, scuttling, hungry things with a taste for human flesh.

They are swarming.

And they are growing.
Advert
Old 08-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #1341
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Hell on Mars by J.Z. Foster and Justin M. Woodward is $0.99 at Amazon US.

I played this one as a video game, back when it was called DOOM.

This is an indie or small press book and is first in a series. So my expectations aren't sky high. But the premise (which is a swipe of DOOM, let's be honest) sounds fun.

Quote:
On a space station on Mars, a terrible mistake opens a gate to an alternate reality — and something comes through from the other side. After the station cuts off communication, a crew is sent to investigate, but they’re unprepared for the nightmare that awaits them…
Old 08-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #1342
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Video Night by Adam Cesare is $0.99.

I've had this one on my wishlist for quite a while. It's usually $3.99.

Quote:
Who better to repel a body-snatching alien invasion than a group of teenage horror nerds?

Billy and Tom are best friends, but each knows that at the end of the school year they'll be moving in different directions. But why not go out with a bang and throw one last video night? They can invite some girls over, order a pizza, then maybe try and fight the alien infection that's taken hold over their suburban town.

It's The Breakfast Club meets The Night of the Creeps in this slime-drenched '80s horror romp.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #1343
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ I see I have this, but have yet to read it.

I've got a ton of books to read, though, before I can get to it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:53 PM   #1344
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ I see I have this, but have yet to read it.

I've got a ton of books to read, though, before I can get to it.
I made myself a little checklist of horror books by authors I haven't yet read and am working my way through them.

So far, so good. Stephen George was a surprise and I really liked Dan Simmons a lot as well.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #1345
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Can't tell if this is too on the nose or not.

THE FEAR: A Pandemic Horror Novel by Spencer Hamilton is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
Two women quarantined together. A world falling into chaos.

When a virus sweeps across the globe, Ash and Jack must each face their fears. Married and isolated in one small apartment, each woman grows restless, claustrophobic and paranoid.

As the horror outside their door ramps up to apocalyptic levels, inside Jack is slowly unraveling. She shuts herself away and fears everything. Fears the virus has crawled its way inside, down her throat, into the lining of her stomach. Ash is afraid, too—afraid of what her increasingly erratic wife will do to her.

In a pandemic none of us are ready for, should we fear the outside world . . . or what's waiting within?

From the author who brought you stories of literary horror and weird in Kitchen Sink comes Spencer Hamilton's debut novel, The Fear.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #1346
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

On a related note: Infected by Scott Sigler is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon US.

Highly recommended. When I read this one, I had trouble putting it down.

Quote:
Across America a mysterious disease is turning ordinary people into raving, paranoid murderers who inflict brutal horrors on strangers, themselves, and even their own families.

Working under the government’s shroud of secrecy, CIA operative Dew Phillips crisscrosses the country trying in vain to capture a live victim. With only decomposing corpses for clues, CDC epidemiologist Margaret Montoya races to analyze the science behind this deadly contagion. She discovers that these killers all have one thing in common—they’ve been contaminated by a bioengineered parasite, shaped by a complexity far beyond the limits of known science.

Meanwhile Perry Dawsey—a hulking former football star now resigned to life as a cubicle-bound desk jockey—awakens one morning to find several mysterious welts growing on his body. Soon Perry finds himself acting and thinking strangely, hearing voices . . . he is infected.

The fate of the human race may well depend on the bloody war Perry must wage with his own body, because the parasites want something from him, something that goes beyond mere murder.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:55 PM   #1347
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
On a related note: Infected by Scott Sigler is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon US.

Highly recommended. When I read this one, I had trouble putting it down.
I've apparently owned this since 2011. LOL Guess I should poof it over to the Voyage and actually read it soon!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:45 PM   #1348
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
The Adam Cesare novel is well worth $0.99.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #1349
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
Grabbed that one.

Halloween reading is coming...
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:02 AM   #1350
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Mountain of the Dead by Jeremy Bates is $0.99 at Amazon US.

This is the fifth in his World's Scariest Places series. It's a 'series' in that all the books follow a similar theme (horror stories set in real world locations). But each book is standalone.

I read and enjoyed the first book, Suicide Forest, about the Aokigahara forest in Japan, where many people go to commit suicide.

While these spring from factual places, they should not be misinterpreted as factual books. They are horror stories, first and foremost.

Quote:
The greatest unsolved mystery of the 20th century—until now.

Fact: During the night of February 1, 1959, in the remote reaches of Siberia, nine Russian hikers slash open their tent from the inside and flee into a blizzard in subpolar temperatures.

Fact: By morning all are dead, several having suffered gruesome, violent deaths. What happened to them has baffled investigators and researchers to this day.

It has become known as the Dyatlov Pass Incident.

Now, an American true-crime writer seeking answers to the enduring mystery sets out to retrace the hikers' steps on their fateful expedition—though nothing can prepare him for what he is about to discover...