Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Aura HD Books on device

I dusted of my Aura HD and was thinking to update the firmware etc.

I connected to calibre and it read the books but 1100 of 1999 were listed as not in library.

I have had this happen before so wasn't unduly concerned.

Next I created a blank library and restarted calibre and copied the books from the device to the library

466 books were listed as not on device. This seemed odd as I had just copied them from the device using add books to library to an empty library. So I did it again. Updated from Calibre 1.7 to 1.8, rebooted computer and did it again. Same result.

Probably a plugboard problem, but why would some books be okay and others not. They all have a series name added to the author field, although some don't show up in the device list. But some that have no series in device list are shown as in library and some don't, and vice versa.
**** not calibre related***
Well after being baffled I decide to update anyway. An hour or so later I was still waiting for the Aura to sync so I went to bed.

When I got up it was synced and I ejected it and it updated. A screen came up with introduction on it. I hit x and now it is frozen solid.

I have tried all the reset procedures except for factory reset. I will leave it sit for a while and see if it comes round before doing that
Lucky for me I backed everything up first.

Any insight appreciated

Helen

It did come back to life eventually

Last edited by speakingtohe; 10-29-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Do the books that didn't match have multiple authors? The Kobo firmware only reads one author from the epubs and that causes a problem when matching back to the calibre library.

Or do they have the title on the device as the "sort title"? Or have series info in the title? These could also break the match back to the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do the books that didn't match have multiple authors? The Kobo firmware only reads one author from the epubs and that causes a problem when matching back to the calibre library..
Some do, some don't. Some with multiple authors match and some with only one author don't match. One anthology has 22 authors and matches.

Or do they have the title on the device as the "sort title"? Or have series info in the title? These could also break the match back to the library.[/QUOTE]

No series info in title but it is in author and I use author sort for author.

All of the books matched in August. I know this because I used the kobo utilities at this time and the books must match to be processed. I remember checking. Basically this is the only reason I care. I had a hard drive failure and lost my kobo utilities info. Other than that I would just delete them all and try again

What seems odd is that when I add the books from the device to a new database(library), I still have 466 that don't match. If I add an unmatched one twice I get a duplicate warning but still doesn't match. Probably a logical explanation but I can't see it.

I wanted to try your new kobo utilities sort features but am mired down in big mess

I will probably plug in the mini today. Has less books so might be easier to deal with and maybe easier to see a pattern.

Helen
Old 10-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard

The mini is good. All 89 books match. Many books are the same as those that don't match on the Aura HD. Same number of authors, same regular driver, same plugboard.

Helen
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Helen,

Off the top of my head, I don't know what is happening. Could you send me:

- The database from the device.
- A book that doesn't match
- The file "metadata.calibre" from the root directory of the device

I'll PM you with the address to send it to, or PM me with a location to download them from.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert