Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
Jacdeb6009
Jacdeb6009 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
[Solved] Calibre Content Server Problem

Hi there,

First post, so please bear with me.

In the process of setting up a computer for my parents, I installed Calibre under Windows 7 (Cal version 1.7.0), set up a library for them, and then tried to get the content server running so that I can connect an iPad and access the books. It is an iPad 2 running iOS 6.1.2.

I set up the PC with a static IP address (10.0.0.10, the gateway is 10.0.0.2). The content server was set to the same IP and port 9099. When I try to access it I get the screen shown in the attached file.

This happens whether I connect from the iPad, my laptop (Ubuntu 12.04), or smartphone (Android).

At home, I run a linux machine (Ubuntu 12.04) and the content server works flawlessly with my wife's iPad (also an iPad 2, but older version of iOS). My home machine is not running version 1.7.0 of Calibre (have not been home for several weeks so it has not been updated) but I doubt that this is the problem.

I have tried this with the firewall on and off, but this does not change anything. Initially I used the default port (8080) but to no avail. Also changing the IP (both on the machine and Calibre) has no effect.

I would really like to get this working for my parents so any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Jac.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_Server.PNG
Views:	432
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	113743  
Jacdeb6009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at the server logs via Preferences->Sharing over the net and set the content server IP to 0.0.0.0 unless you have a good reason for not doing so.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Jacdeb6009
Jacdeb6009 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
SOLVED - Calibre Content Server Problem

Hi there Kovid,

Thanks for your most prompt response and apologies for my very tardy response.

Of course, I don't know what I was thinking, on my other machines this is left blank. I was getting myself confused with the IP of the machine on which the server is running...

Sorry to bother with something that trivial.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into creating and maintaining an awesome piece of software!!

Jac.

Last edited by Jacdeb6009; 11-01-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Mark as solved
Jacdeb6009 is offline   Reply With Quote