Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-21-2020, 05:05 AM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKilo View Post
I removed the older version because when I set a Width and Height and keep aspect ratio it always assumes the Width and sets the Height to the calculated value to maintain aspect ratio.

What I would really like is to be able to keep the Height I set and have the plugin change the Width to keep the aspect ratio.

Is this doable?

Could there be an option available to select which would be constant the height of the width.
The resize is always done to fit the image within the box described by the size. If the keep aspect ratio option is off, then the image will be the same size as the box.

With the keep aspect ratio option on, the size of the final image will depend on the aspect ratio of the input image, and the aspect ratio of the new size. If the image is tall-and-thin, and the new size is short-and-fat, then the height is going to be the determining size. If you resized a wide image to, then the width is going to be the size used.

If you want to always have the same width image, just set the height to something ridiculously large. Setting the height to 10 times the width will probably mean all images will effectively be "fit-to-width".

If the plugin isn't working as described above, please report it with some examples. And run calibre in debug mode and include the log for me to look at.

If someone does want to add options such as fit-to-width and fit-to-height, please do so. I don't use the plugin much. The changes I made before were mainly to keep it working. If someone wants to take over, I'm happy to let them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:11 AM   #77
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The resize is always done to fit the image within the box described by the size. If the keep aspect ratio option is off, then the image will be the same size as the box.

With the keep aspect ratio option on, the size of the final image will depend on the aspect ratio of the input image, and the aspect ratio of the new size. If the image is tall-and-thin, and the new size is short-and-fat, then the height is going to be the determining size. If you resized a wide image to, then the width is going to be the size used.

If you want to always have the same width image, just set the height to something ridiculously large. Setting the height to 10 times the width will probably mean all images will effectively be "fit-to-width".

If the plugin isn't working as described above, please report it with some examples. And run calibre in debug mode and include the log for me to look at.

If someone does want to add options such as fit-to-width and fit-to-height, please do so. I don't use the plugin much. The changes I made before were mainly to keep it working. If someone wants to take over, I'm happy to let them.
I set the width to a very large number and it works just fine now, thanks!!!
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 12:43 AM   #78
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Fit to height

The problem is I want to be able to "fit to Height" not "Fit to width.

I currently set all my images to 500 pixels and I don't care what the width is.

I obviously have to use an external program to do it.

I was hoping this add-on would be able to do that for me.
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:03 AM   #79
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKilo View Post
The problem is I want to be able to "fit to Height" not "Fit to width.

I currently set all my images to 500 pixels and I don't care what the width is.

I obviously have to use an external program to do it.

I was hoping this add-on would be able to do that for me.
It can do it! Just set the width in the PI to 20000 and the height to 500 and make sure that it resizes proportionally.
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #80
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Fit to height

Well, that worked very nicely.

Thank you for the information and for the nice tool.
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2020, 06:49 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF View Post
It can do it! Just set the width in the PI to 20000 and the height to 500 and make sure that it resizes proportionally.
Why do you resize your covers to be so small? When they get enlarged to fit the screen, they can become fuzzy.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:00 AM   #82
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do you resize your covers to be so small? When they get enlarged to fit the screen, they can become fuzzy.
Why can't a person DO it their way?
I standardized on the Fantastic Fiction size (EVEN SMALLER )
IT LOOKS DECENT ON MY 6" DISPLAYS, besides, iI hardly spend any time looking at the cover page. I AM READING THE WORDS THAT COME AFTER, IMHO the whole point of READING
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #83
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Spanish translation

Hello people, here I leave the plugin with the Spanish translation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	222
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	183747   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	213
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	183748  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Resize cover Spanish translation.zip (40.2 KB, 201 views)
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:39 AM   #84
KungFuNav
KungFuNav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I use this plugin a lot, but have recently realised it's not working on all book covers. Maybe 2 out of 10 images are not resized, and I'm struggling to figure out why.

<Edit> Ignore me, had clicked 'Only edit large images' and not realised.

Last edited by KungFuNav; 08-14-2021 at 05:41 AM.
KungFuNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:13 PM   #85
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I downloaded the most recent version of Calibre and after installing couldn't find the resize cover button. I even tried downloading and installing it (figuring the new update had somehow removed it) and I still can't find it. Not sure how to take care of that problem.
EDIT: Never mind. I figured out what I did wrong. I forgot to specify where I wanted the button to show up so it didn't.

Last edited by crich70; 12-15-2021 at 11:18 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 12:31 PM   #86
MikePatch
MikePatch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The plugin has Qt6 Compatibility issues.
Could, please, someone update it?

thx
MP
MikePatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 01:37 PM   #87
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePatch View Post

thx
MP
This test version seems to work, but as I don't use it I am not sure. Try it. If it works for you (or anyone else) I will release it

EDIT: Test version removed because it was released

Last edited by chaley; 07-13-2022 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Test version removed because it was released
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #88
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

thx
MP
What was the issue (and on what OS)?
I just resized 20 PDF covers (that I found with the Quality Check PI) that I had failed to check before (I now store User Manuals for my Appliances/tools)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:59 PM   #89
MikePatch
MikePatch began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just resized 20 PDF covers (that I found with the Quality Check PI) that I had failed to check before (I now store User Manuals for my Appliances/tools)
"Error on clicking customize plugin"

This is the detail:

calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'QTableWidgetItem' has no attribute 'UserType'

calibre 6.0 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Action Chains (1, 17, 2) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.action", line 151, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.__init__", line 62, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.config", line 225, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.config", line 77, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.config", line 97, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.common_utils", line 246, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'QTableWidgetItem' has no attribute 'UserType'
MikePatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:00 PM   #90
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Configuring the dialog failed.
Quote:
"Error on clicking customize plugin"

This is the detail:

calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'QTableWidgetItem' has no attribute 'UserType'

calibre 6.0 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Action Chains (1, 17, 2) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.action", line 151, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.__init__", line 62, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.config", line 225, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.config", line 77, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.config", line 97, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.resize_cover.common_utils", line 246, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'QTableWidgetItem' has no attribute 'UserType'
That error is fixed in my test version.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote