Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
TriOpticon
TriOpticon began at the beginning.

Device: nook STR
Question Nook STR - What should my Output Profile be?

In the settings for doing conversions, on the Page Setup section, you can select NOOK or NOOK COLOR for the Output Profile.

I have a nook Simple Touch Reader (STR) and I am unsure of what to pick because I have read that the nook STR is more like the Nook Color when it comes to handling ePub files.

What confuses me is some of the settings in Calibre. If you go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Plugins and open the Device Interface plugins it seems to put the Nook Color and Nook STR together.

But, when you run the welcome wizard it puts the old Nook and Nook STR together.

Does it matter which one I pick during the welcome wizard and/or the Output Profile for conversions?

Thanks.
TriOpticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
In the settings for doing conversions, on the Page Setup section, you can select NOOK or NOOK COLOR for the Output Profile.

I have a nook Simple Touch Reader (STR) and I am unsure of what to pick because I have read that the nook STR is more like the Nook Color when it comes to handling ePub files.

What confuses me is some of the settings in Calibre. If you go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Plugins and open the Device Interface plugins it seems to put the Nook Color and Nook STR together.

But, when you run the welcome wizard it puts the old Nook and Nook STR together.

Does it matter which one I pick during the welcome wizard and/or the Output Profile for conversions?

Thanks.
From what I gather, The welcome wizard/ Preferences: Common Options: Page Setup, mainly control conversions for "News" (where you don't get a separate setting as you do when converting.)
If you dont do News downloads, pick one and see if you like the defaults.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Nook is correct for the STR. News, Comics and PDF outputs are the main things the device profile controls. News doesn't have any special settings for the STR. So unless you create a lot of comics or PDF's then the device profile won't matter.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion_options, nook 2, simple touch reader