Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post

BTW: KK; I love your outfit.
thanks! it doesn't make my butt look big does it? it's the same one I wore last year, it may be getting a bit threadbare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
What is it with women and French speaking guys ? I've been forced to study the French language in all it's complexity since I was 12, I was never any good at it and as a result starting detesting the language. So French speaking men (about a quarter of the Belgian population) don't stand a chance with me. Maybe it's a result of all the tension between Flanders and Wallonia as well

Men with a British accent however ...
I don't care for french accents either. now Scots, Brit, Aussie, German, Spanish.... *swoon*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #62
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
thanks! it doesn't make my butt look big does it? it's the same one I wore last year, it may be getting a bit threadbare

I don't care for french accents either. now Scots, Brit, Aussie, German, Spanish.... *swoon*
No, the outfit looks great; good for another year, I would say.

And about the accents:
I always fell for Italian-speaking guys too.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #63
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Why are women so concerned with cloths? Just wear it 'till it falls off is what I say.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #64
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
And about the accents:
My mother always said: you can't trust the Italian.

Sorry Beppe

But I do like Italian guys as well. They're real charmers, and when me and my friend were in Rome we couldn't go anywhere near a bar without some guy coming over to flirt but at least they know how to hit on girls respectfully.

Quote:
I don't care for German (somehow they make everything sound aggressive), but Scots and Aussies: definitely !!

Damn it, now I want to go watch an episode of Home and Away and then I'll get addicted all over again
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #65
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
oh hellno
Just like that. A dry no. No hopes, no suggestions, no hints, just no.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #66
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, the outfit looks great; good for another year, I would say.

And about the accents:
Old 11-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #67
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
I am no lady, but i definitely like a lot more when a woman talks to me in some other language than french.... and Quebecois french... good lord, that is simply grotesque.
I am so glad. One less to compete with
Old 11-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #68
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
in Rome we couldn't go anywhere near a bar without some guy coming over to flirt
That's the advantage of being so pretty, Iridal.
Or the price to pay for.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #69
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I am so glad. One less to compete with
who said so? I just tell them "...shhhhhhh" and go on flirting

Last edited by Salgueiros; 11-29-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #70
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
who said so? I just tell them "...shhhhhhh" and go on
Do not worry. There are so many of them, one more pretty than the other.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #71
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
I told her that I had heard that making love in bed was supposed to be a good way to learn a foreign language.
A bed, you say? So, no luck if it's, say, a grass field? Or the broom cupboard? A car, maybe? No?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #72
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The others will work insofar as learning the basics go. Perfection of craft takes a dedicated platform. IMHO, that is.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #73
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
No Italian music here, yet? For shame! Beppe, would you kindly post some favorites for us, please?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #74
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
The others will work insofar as learning the basics go. Perfection of craft takes a dedicated platform. IMHO, that is.
That should be verified experimentally (Is this a family-friendly forum?)
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #75
SameOldStory
My True Self

I'm retired now, but help yourself. I never published so you'll have to do the original research all over again.