Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I received my K2 at least a day earlier than expected. I hope the same will be true of K3. Maybe they will all ship closer together than we've heard rumored.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
'Twas the Night Before Christmas

YES, I got an email with a shipping date in my DREAM last night.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
YES, I got an email with a shipping date in my DREAM last night.
Ha ha! I ordered on July 31 & I'm still dreaming too....
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Well, next Friday is the 27th, the date on or before Amazon said it would ship our K3s. Knowing Amazon, I expected we would get them this week. I still don't have an estimated ship date. Does anyone have any information?
I expect it to ship on 27th Aug, as stated. I really see no reason to expect an earlier release, especially given the fact that the accessories (cover, charger, etc) all have a firm shipping date of 27th Aug.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 AM   #20
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
I have a shipping date for the cover of 1-4 Sept, and before 4th Sept was the stated date when I ordered the Kindle. So I am expecting them both around then.
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #21
Starstryder
Starstryder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
*sigh* so sad...mine still have a "We'll notify you..." blah blah The lighted cover though has a shipping date of 27 August so in the secret place of my heart I am hoping they arrive together.
Starstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 AM   #22
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Im kind of glad I wont get it till the 27th.August although there is still no confirmation letter or date.

It makes up for me not slacking off with my assignments. Finish them all and I get the kindle hurrah
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #23
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
K3 minus 7 days ..... and counting
Still no ship date here either.
Sigh,
Trying not to worry, get paranoid etc.
It'll get here, RIGHT ?! :-)
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
We ordered 2 on the 9th of August, but on seperate Amazon Accounts with the same credit card, to same dispatch name and address, Wonder if both will arrive same day, Hope so !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #25
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
I had originally used the $3.99 prime overnight shipping for mine (US) but then I realized I'm going to be in Las Vegas from Aug 24-26, I had completely forgotten about that! If they really do "release date delivery" for the 2-day shipping, then it stands to reason it might try to come before my last day of my mini-vacation if I used the overnight. So I changed back to 2-day shipping...
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #26
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
hello,

i got this from the amazon kindle community forum, from a user called Chief who shared an email reply to the burning question, from the kindle CS

Quote:
Orders placed before 8 p.m. Pacific Time on August 1st will still ship by the August 27th release date.
Orders placed before 10 p.m. Pacific Time on August 5th will ship on or before September 4th.
Orders placed before 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th will ship on or before September 8th.
Orders placed after 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th will ship on or before September 12th.
actually, i saw the same data twice there so i'm hoping it;s true.
i ordered mine on August 5 but thankfully before US Pacific time. no email as of yet.
fingers crossed!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Welcome to the forum TB! (or perhaps I shouldn't call you that, being a badger ...)

Interesting if they're saying the 12th - they currently say 10th.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #28
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I ordered mine on 7/29 early in the morning EST so I'm well clear for 8/27 .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #29
Shibito
Shibito began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm glad I ordered mine when I did. My K3 will be in the 'by September 10th' batch of orders. I can't wait. This will be my first e-book reader and I'm eager to try it out.
Shibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #30
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
The ship date has just moved to September 17.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote