Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Second Life

So a week ago my girlfriend and I decided to try out Second Life. We enjoy trying out these virtual worlds where we can explore and do things we might not have the money to do here in the "real" world lol. Previously we tried out World of Warcraft and quickly realized why people can become addicted to such things...

But anyway, into SL we went and of course right away she wanted to go shopping for clothes, and then she needed a new hair style, and then new shoes, and then, well, you get the idea. In fact she bought so much that there was really nothing left on her list.

So naturally she decided we needed a place to put all of our stuff, so she wanted a virtual house.

I left her in charge of all the details, I just said... invite me over once it's done (just like a man huh?). So a little while later she excitedly calls me back over, and I hop back into SL to take a tour of our new place. She shows me the furniture she got, and the paintings on the walls. I step out onto the patio, and she exclaims about what a nice ocean front view we have. I take a look around, and things just seem odd. So I look a little more carefully.
Me: "Uh, hun, I think you moved us into a gay neighborhood."

Her: "What do you mean?"

Me: "Well, there are rainbow flags in front of each house, and... oh boy, there are a bunch of guys dressed up like cowboys and indians walking into a dance club down the street."

Her: "Nooo there is not!"

Me: "I swear. Ahh, it's called Club Pride Colors, yup. You moved us into a gay community. Oh and hey, our apartment is called Club Pride Apartments, and look over there, Club Pride Mall."
At this point my girl is just about falling over laughing, and I asked her how in the world she managed to "rent" and move into an apartment and never once take a look outside. She replied that she was focused more on the price and what the apartment looked like inside.

So there you have it, a week into our virtual lives and we are living right next door to a pretty popular gay dance club. We get to sit on our patio each evening and guess what "theme" the club is having by the outfits the guys walk passed dressed in. Been an interesting time, to say the least. Oh and no offense meant, I have nothing against any orientation, just wanted to share this wacky story.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
at least you know the gardens will be well tended!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
At least you know the dancing will be great.

I bet your neighbors are thinking "it's all fun and fine until the first straight couple moves in...there goes the neighborhood!"
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Yeah we joked about that, how funny it would be to be chased out for being the crazy straight couple who ruined the vibe. Everyone is so nice though, it's kind of strange how you can get such a community feeling from a virtual world... But then again, you can get the same feeling from the folks at places like MR as well, so guess it isn't all that odd after all.

Oh and get this, we had another couple move into the apartment below us, and I thought they might of been another straight couple, until after we met them, the first thing they said to us was "Hey, are you guys the straight couple?" and we said "Uhh, yup that's us!". One of them laughed and said "Well just to let you know, we're both men, but one of us likes to dress as a woman."

Lol, you gotta appreciate people being so honest.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
that's freaky... sounding so real like
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
Yeah we joked about that, how funny it would be to be chased out for being the crazy straight couple who ruined the vibe. Everyone is so nice though, it's kind of strange how you can get such a community feeling from a virtual world... But then again, you can get the same feeling from the folks at places like MR as well, so guess it isn't all that odd after all.

Oh and get this, we had another couple move into the apartment below us, and I thought they might of been another straight couple, until after we met them, the first thing they said to us was "Hey, are you guys the straight couple?" and we said "Uhh, yup that's us!". One of them laughed and said "Well just to let you know, we're both men, but one of us likes to dress as a woman."

Sounds fun. I've lived in worse neighborhoods in real life, lol. Are you gonna have a virtual housewarming and invite us?
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
watershawl
Enthusiast
watershawl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post

watershawl is offline   Reply With Quote