Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: The Sony Reader is available for order. Did you order it already?
Yes! 24 46.15%
No. 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #76
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Heh, it should be called FedEx SlowPost. Probably will take a week to get to MA, oh well
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #77
NzoMatrix
NzoMatrix began at the beginning.

On the order page it gives an Estimated Delivery Date. Mine is 10/05/06. Which sounds about right shipped to MI from LA.
NzoMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #78
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
--------
Date Time Description Location
September 27, 2006 9:20 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 12:00 AM Pickup LONG BEACH, CA
--------
Same status here.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #79
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
And some good news for me, at least. Here's my tracking results.... it was picked up in Long Beach, CA at midnite and then by morning it was at the sortation center in Los Angeles. From there it will eventually make it to me, but various consolidations have to happen in this shipping method to keep costs down, so it might take a little while as indicated by Sony in the shipping description. I'm just glad to see it's on it's way. Shame I live across the country! ;-)

--------
--------
Hey, I have the same trace How long do you think would it take to a place near Seattle?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #80
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
--------
--------
Ditto, looks like the whole first day shipment...

Yeah, I HATE companies that do not tell you exactly how they will ship. In my case, the package goes to an insecure rural box out of sight on the road if it is sent to my home address by USPO. Since I expected UPS or Fedex, I could not give them my P.O. Box in town so it will be delivered here by USPO. Depending on the route driver, it could be brought up to the house or just stuffed between the box and my paper box for anyone to grab. This has happend before. Amazon does the same thing sometimes....

Last edited by CCDMan; 09-27-2006 at 09:27 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #81
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
This bothers me too (them not really using Fedex Ground). I was told on the phone when I orderd that this was how they would send it. I don't have a mail carrier. I have to go to the post office and pick up my mail from my PO box. The person I ordered from said that it would come to the house via Fexdex Ground and that the PO Box thing did not matter (packages do come to my address via their trucks). Hopefully it will work like a normal USPS shipment where I get a card in my box.

I would have prefered the option to pay a reasonable shipping fee and get it faster. It looks like the $80 option is true ground which is just insane. I don't understand why they are trying to steer folks away from using faster options. I would think that they do better if I pay $25-$30 for 2 day shipping than getting this fake ground for free.

Oh well, I am glad that they finally released the thing. Now to be patient until the reader crosses the country (I'm estimated for Oct 5th too).
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 AM   #82
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Yes, this is especially ridiculous as the order page says:

"No P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses."
Old 09-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #83
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
"Due to overwhelming demand, new Sony® Portable Reader orders will ship mid November."
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #84
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

oh my god , typical sony

sony reader

Last edited by bugsbunny14; 09-28-2006 at 08:41 AM.
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 AM   #85
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
"Due to overwhelming demand, new Sony® Portable Reader orders will ship mid November."

I hope mine estimate shipping date will stay at 10/25/2006.

Where did you get this info?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #86
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
I hope mine estimate shipping date will stay at 10/25/2006.

Where did you get this info?
sony style shop .
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #87
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny14

Thanks , I found the other topic.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #88
CCDMan

Quote:
That figures, we had all hoped that Sony finally had it's head out of it's collective butt, clearly they have not.

Boy am I glad mine is on the way, however slowly. Now I suppose it will die within 10 minutes of recieving it. <g>
Old 09-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #89
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
.... or maybe it's just much more popular than expected and sales went crazy?
We can hope!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:36 PM   #90
gbdesai
gbdesai began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
In case anyone is interested, I just saw a minor update on my Day 1 (first batch order) over at FedEx SmartPost. Sony estimated my delivery date (in my hands) to be 10/4 and the FedEx site is now showing a new line that says

Est. in Home 10/05/2006

That is kind of a pain, I leave for a week long trip on 10/6, they better get it to me or I will be quite annoyed!
gbdesai is offline   Reply With Quote