Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2022, 07:16 PM   #31
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
Also, adb reboot edl reboots the Leaf and then it freezes once the home screen appears.
When it freezes do you still have ADB? Does a long power press get you back to a working Android?

This all seems very screwed up. It could even be hardware problems.
Does it charge correctly? Do you think that it's charged enough? Is it freezing with a USB cable powering it?

This will tell you if you have ever gotten to EDL on that Windows machine.
(This is an actual Windows?)
Download some things from here: http://www.temblast.com/windows.htm
Code:
C:\>enumusb.exe /l /v05c6
05C6:9008     8&1203f332&0&10     2022-10-17 06:00  QUSB__BULK
That's a slash-ell.

On the same page you can download and run:
Code:
C:\>usblog.exe
You can leave that running when you do things and you can see things change.
If you see any "Com" show up, that probably means that you have EDL and you're still using the Qualcomm drivers.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #32
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Does a long power press get you back to a working Android?
Yes.

Quote:
Does it charge correctly?
yes
Quote:
Do you think that it's charged enough?
It's fully charged.
Quote:
Is it freezing with a USB cable powering it?
No.

Quote:
This is an actual Windows?
I'm on Linux and was using WINE to run those Windows EXEs. usblog.exe nor enumusb.exe returned anything. Not sure if this is a WINE issue or a USB/Android issue.

On Linux, I'd use
Code:
lsusb
The Leaf isn't showing when it's in EDL mode / frozen.

Last edited by Geremia; 11-21-2022 at 04:21 PM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 04:19 PM   #33
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
When it freezes do you still have ADB?
No.
Code:
adb devices
doesn't list it.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:51 PM   #34
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So you're saying that the normal Android part runs completely normal?
That would rule out any hardware problem.

The only thing left would be a corrupt abl.
Are you running ONYX/Leaf/Leaf:10/2022-09-01_20-00_3.2.4_071fa5f/7033:user/dev-keys?
(3.2.4)
If not do an update.
Code:
adb shell getprop|grep finger
Old 11-21-2022, 06:32 PM   #35
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Excellent instructions here:

Looks like a nice project. Is it also possible to decrypt the changed image again?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 07:29 PM   #36
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Looks like a nice project. Is it also possible to decrypt the changed image again?
I'm not sure what you mean but current updates downloaded from Onyx can still be decrypted. I decrypt and install updates manually.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:48 PM   #37
Geremia
Addict

bump
Any recent instructions on how to root this device?
Old 11-08-2023, 07:13 AM   #38
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
bump
Any recent instructions on how to root this device?
It's basically the same as for all devices.

Using EDL
  1. Use EDL to read the boot partition
  2. Install the Magisk app
  3. adb push the copy of the boot partition to /sdcard
  4. Magisk convert the copy of the boot partition
  5. adb pull the Magisk'ed boot partition
  6. Use EDL to flash the boot partition

Without EDL
  1. Download an update from Onyx
  2. Decrypt using DeBooxUpd.py
  3. Extract the boot partition
  4. Install the Magisk app
  5. adb push the copy of the boot partition to /sdcard
  6. Magisk convert the copy of the boot partition
  7. adb pull the Magisk'ed boot partition
  8. Use fastboot to flash the boot partition
Old 11-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #39
jjj
jjj began at the beginning.

Device: Leaf
Quote:
It's basically the same as for all devices.

Using EDL
  1. Use EDL to read the boot partition
  2. Install the Magisk app
  3. adb push the copy of the boot partition to /sdcard
  4. Magisk convert the copy of the boot partition
  5. adb pull the Magisk'ed boot partition
  6. Use EDL to flash the boot partition

Without EDL
  1. Download an update from Onyx
  2. Decrypt using DeBooxUpd.py
  3. Extract the boot partition
  4. Install the Magisk app
  5. adb push the copy of the boot partition to /sdcard
  6. Magisk convert the copy of the boot partition
  7. adb pull the Magisk'ed boot partition
  8. Use fastboot to flash the boot partition
do you know the link to download the update 3.3.2 for the leaf 1? thanks
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 12:11 PM   #40
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj View Post
do you know the link to download the update 3.3.2 for the leaf 1? thanks
Sorry, I'm only seeing the 3.3.1 update here http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/1ce...e9d/update.upx
Onyx has been doing something screwy with API queries for updates.
I can't find the 3.3.2 for my Poke3 despite it being released somehow.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:28 PM   #41
jjj

Quote:
Sorry, I'm only seeing the 3.3.1 update here http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/1ce...e9d/update.upx
Onyx has been doing something screwy with API queries for updates.
I can't find the 3.3.2 for my Poke3 despite it being released somehow.
np i guess i will try edl. no idea what im doing but i will follow a tuto.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:17 AM   #42
jjj

finally got edl and the boot.img. but now i cant fastboot boot. it is detected but as soon as i type cmd it gives FAILED (Write to device failed (Too many links)).

i updated fastboot drivers now i get FAILED (Write to device failed (Invalid argument))...
Old 11-10-2023, 08:58 AM   #43
jjj

got it to work, needed platform tools. thanks for the help.

Tags
boox, leaf, onyx, root