Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Gerard Lardner
Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Calibre not deleting books on Kobo Aura H2O

Calibre will no longer delete books on my Kobo Aura H2O. It gives an error message that the Kobo has been updated to an unsupported firmware version. Can this new firmware version please be supported?

The error message is as follows:

Quote:
calibre, version 4.0.0
WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 157.
Device firmware version: (4, 18, 13737)
Apart from that, I have used Calibre for several years, ever since I got the Kobo, when the Aura H2O was the latest model. I find it a most useful application for managing my ebooks.

Gerard Lardner
Gerard Lardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Which version of Calibre? There will be no updates for the 3.xx versions, as the 4.0 has been released. If you want to use an older version of Calibre, just check the option "Attempt to support newer firmware", as the message said. It should work fine.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 03:20 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard Lardner View Post
Calibre will no longer delete books on my Kobo Aura H2O. It gives an error message that the Kobo has been updated to an unsupported firmware version. Can this new firmware version please be supported?

The error message is as follows:

Apart from that, I have used Calibre for several years, ever since I got the Kobo, when the Aura H2O was the latest model. I find it a most useful application for managing my ebooks.
I'm a bit surprised that you have been using calibre for that long and never seen that warning before. It potentially comes up with every release of Kobo firmware depending on the time of the calibre and firmware releases. I hadn't thought about when calibre 4 was being released, so I missed this one. But, when you see this message, you should check the Kobo forum to see what is happening. There is always a thread for the firmware, and I will post what is happening with calibre as soon as I can.

Having said that, the supported firmware version will be bumped for the next calibre release. There will be a change for the Dropbox support, but that will only be of interest to someone with a Forma.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Gerard Lardner
Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gerard Lardner is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm using the latest Calibre, and my Kobo is at firmware 4, 18, 13737.

However, I noticed that my Kobo had not synchronised for several weeks. After a forced sync, deletion on the device from Calibre seems to be working again. Phew.
Gerard Lardner is offline   Reply With Quote