Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
"Boston Globe Subscription" recipe issues

It shows most if not all articles in the table of contents, but many do not download and only show a link.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
It shows most if not all articles in the table of contents, but many do not download and only show a link.
Anyone...?
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its a subscription recipe and as I recall you aren;t willing to share your account details, so...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
NSILMike
Guru

It's free, and no, I will not, and no one else as well should ever share login info even if they can change it later. Sorry.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
It's free, and no,
It's NOT free; it's why itscalled a SUBSCRIPTION
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It's NOT free; it's why itscalled a SUBSCRIPTION
It is free. I have no subscription, just a login and I enjoy it everyday on my laptop. Only difference if you have a subscription is the number of articles allowed per time period, which is meaningless.

Last edited by NSILMike; 07-13-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please show me where on the web site I can enroll. All I see is either the ability for a paper subscriber to register, or for me to subscribe for an introductory rate of $0.99 per week for 4 weeks.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #8
NSILMike
Guru

Just go to boston.com and skip the whole login process.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It's free, and no, I will not, and no one else as well should ever share login info even if they can change it later. Sorry.
kovidgoyal is trustworthy. So I see no issue sharing the login details and later changing the password.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
kovidgoyal is trustworthy. So I see no issue sharing the login details and later changing the password.
I am sure he is, but I choose not to, ever.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I am sure he is, but I choose not to, ever.
Then you won't get getting a fixed Boston Globe recipe.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #12
NSILMike
Guru

I do have a login, but I've had it for quite a while. I spent some time trying to find where to create a new one, but couldn't get past the 'subscribe to the Globe' prompts. Perhaps what we may need is a Boston.com (as opposed to BostonGlobe.com) recipe.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I've shared a two week trial account with kovid.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #14
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've shared a two week trial account with kovid.
Good idea. On the other hand though, we (the general calibre user base) shouldn't expect Kovid to be the go to guy to fix all recipes. In this case he is not the author and so we owe him a great deal of gratitude for giving it a try.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7a0fb875d5d380
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote