Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
New Kindle Owner

Yesterday I bought a Kindle Wifi because I wanted to broaden my e-reader horizons.

I am finding I really like this little e-reader. I like the collections I can make. How many collections is the limit? I know the Sony has a limit, and I like to sort my books.

Can the dictionaries be used on books that I bought elsewhere other than Amazon and converted? Say Smashwords or Carina, etc? I suppose the best way is to become more familiar with my device.

So far I love the experimental browser and I like the way the device feels. It is nice and light. and the sleep screens are cute.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 08-11-2012 at 03:21 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Yes - you can look up words in the dictionary in any book that can be loaded & read on your Kindle.

I don't know if there is a limit to number of collections - I have almost a hundred (I do collections by author & genre & series) and still adding.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
It is nice and light. and the sleep screens are cute.
Wait until you get the Emily Dickinson one - she'll steal your soul
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I am loving how this device treats my CBC news downloads. I'm happy!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
OK, I am loving how this device treats my CBC news downloads. I'm happy!
How did you get them ... link , please? .... I'm a news freak, lol ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
How did you get them ... link , please? .... I'm a news freak, lol ...
CBC calibre news recipe. I get it downloaded every day. I converted it to .mobi format for my Kindle, and auto-sent it via calibre.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
How many collections is the limit?
I can't see anything in the documentation that says there is a limit. It's safe to assume that there is either no theoretical limit or that it's very high.

Then again, do you really want a vast number of collections? The point of collections is to make it easier to organise and find titles. You won't want to spend too much time organising the collections.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I can't see anything in the documentation that says there is a limit. It's safe to assume that there is either no theoretical limit or that it's very high.

Then again, do you really want a vast number of collections? The point of collections is to make it easier to organise and find titles. You won't want to spend too much time organising the collections.

Mike
I agree. I don't want a vast number of collections. I just was curious if there was a limit, because I had heard of other readers (the T1 for instance having it). If I buy a series of books, I'd like to have all the titles in one collection, etc.

Thanks to all above for speaking to this question. I do more reading than sorting, so this is still good to know.