Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Damn if you did not just say the one thing that could interest me in the new kindles.

More please.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I heard a rumble, ran to my door, it was just a schoolbus driving by.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Damn if you did not just say the one thing that could interest me in the new kindles.

More please.
ditto
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #19
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
The only one that was shipping, the non-touch..not sure if he has the special offers one or not.
I can be wrong, but in terms of contrast, page turns, I would expect similar behavior between both: touch and regular one. Again, I'm guessing here, but it is a fair assumption, giving the case the firmware and screen itself are the two that controls the page turns and contrast.

I would be surprise if there are huge differences in contrast and/or page turns.

The thing is, the Kindle touch has no buttons at all, as far as I know. I'm those kind of guys that still like the physical keyboard, besides adds some space on the bottom that I find it useful when holding or reading at bedtimes. If new one feels really nice on my hands, I will think twice, because absent of keyboards or even turn page buttons, is a nice bonus to me

Last edited by jocampo; 09-29-2011 at 03:28 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
jswinden
Nameless Being

Posted a few picks to first post in thread. Will post more there after a while.
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
what about landscape mode?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That does it I'm calling UPS! Man it looks sweet.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #23
jocampo
Layback feline

Difficult to tell via Internet, but I think you are right. Contrast looks better on the new one.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #24
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Jack,

what about landscape mode? Did they keep landscape mode? and if does, is the Kindle splitting page in two or not?
Landscape is just like on the K3 where it flows independently from what the portrait does. I think only Sony screwed that up in their readers but Kindle keeps it right.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #25
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
If the screen is somehow different and it does in fact reduce the glare, that could be a seller for me. In your second picture it sure does look like the k3 has more glare - though it is hard to say for certain, almost looks like the light source was directly over the k3 and not the 4.

Can you confirm that the 4 does in fact have less glare than the k3?

Thx.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
So it means it doesn't split? Sorry, I'm newbie to ereaders. Just buying my first one.

And in the screen does look better, in all pics.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #27
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Difficult to tell via Internet, but I think you are right. Contrast looks better on the new one.
It looks better in real life. My camera is not as good as it can be in low light.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #28
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
It looks better in real life. My camera is not as good as it can be in low light.
You realize you've just raised my expectations now before mine arrives.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #29
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Sweet, I wasn't really fond of the K3's screen when I was looking for another reader a few weeks ago at Best Buy.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
My new Kindle just arrived! I'm unpacking it now. I'll post photos and comparisons with my K3 as soon as I can.

FW 4.0 on Kindle 4 (non-touch)

EDIT: First photos attached. New K4 has much improved screen over K3. K3 seems to reflect more glare and K4 seems to have better contrast.

Update that baby to 4.0.1!