Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Mojoman
Enthusiast
Mojoman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Using two ereader question

I have an 1,100+ ebook library, all converted to ebook format. I have the original Nook and the library installed on that device. I just bought the Nook Color today and have a question, evn though I'm afraid that I already know the answer. I now want to export the library to the NC. I see in the conversion screen there are page settings for Nook & Nook Color. Does this mean I have to re-convert the books using the setting for the NC? If so, can I convert the existing Nook format ebook or should I go back and use the original (all different formats)? I also would like to know how to keep the two libraries seperate. How do I create a new library file that I can switch back & forth. Thanks.
Mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is unlikely that the difference matters as the reader type is only relevant in a few places such as the optimum screen resolution for graphics. Most ePub files (assuming they are not DRM infested) are portable between devices.

I would try just plugging in the new device and sending books of interest to it and see why happens.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Mojoman
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
Mojoman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I would try just plugging in the new device and sending books of interest to it and see why happens.
I gave this a try and it seems to be working ok. Thanks again.