Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
thorne
Edge User

EINK and LINKS

I've begun using Calibre to view periodicals on the Edge, and for the most part, things work well. What I'm struggling with, however, is selecting links within the documents - it seems to be hit or miss. The problem is that, when using the text select tool to utilize a link, text is selected. If I try enough times, the link is actually selected, and I get to the area in the document I intend.
Does anyone have any advise on how I can better select and activate links?

Thank You.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Have you addressed this Kovid calibre's developer? He is very active in his forum on mobileread.com.
I have not yet tried the news sources from calibre on the edge.

Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

I assume Calibre is producing an EPUB of the periodical. If so, the links should be true hyperlinks, and just tapping the stylus on the link should be sufficient (i.e., no selection is required, unless perhaps you want to copy/paste).

Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
pat.indie
Edge User

I use the news from Calibre the same way (as epub).

In my experience, if I touch the link (on the e-ink side) with my stylus (no need to select) it works as a hyper-link.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
ArrissGC
Edge User

maybe nothing but I've noticed that links or text that change font or have some complicated formatting are harder to select for highlighting or accessing. PDFs in particular.

Not tried with calibre generated files on EE (use it with a Kobo).

Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
thorne
Edge User

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.
As it turns out, you have to double tap the link. It sometimes results in data being selected on the linked page or another link being selected, but it works fairly well.
Liking the device more and more.