Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 11:09 AM   #1
Grumpa
Granpa Ed
Grumpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Huawei tablet
Red face New Member - Grumpa

Hi. I was forced by financial and other circumstances to leave my country of birth in 2015. At the time I had a wall-sized bookcase of paperbacks, which I had collected since my schooldays, and was forced to give away. A couple of these I had even produced myself by converting from e-books. I even scanned and converted one of my paperbacks to .epub, .mobi and .pdf format. Since discovering Calibre and a few sources of free e-books, I have managed to build up an e-book collection which includes most of those books, as well as a great number of other titles. I now have a collection which I will never complete reading before I die. I still continue to add to the collection.
Grumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:13 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

You're not alone in having more ebooks than you can read.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:16 PM   #3
Grumpa
Granpa Ed
Grumpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Huawei tablet
I noticed that! My wife thinks I'm mad. She has difficulty getting enough books to read.
Grumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 12:01 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
I noticed that! My wife thinks I'm mad. She has difficulty getting enough books to read.
I also tend to be on the hunt for new books almost continuously. You might want to check out the Ebook Buying Addicts' Support Thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote