Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-31-2024, 06:04 AM   #1
oldie2023
oldie2023 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hello.

Being an octogenarian, I do not have the programming skills or knowledge to start adding or changing things, and would appreciate a Lead Me By The Nose instructions, if what I want is possible. I have felt the need to get all my books in one place so I have recently joined Calibre. I wanted to gather my books from three older kindles into some sort of order. I hate deleting and forgetting books. Books I have already loaded do not show position reached or if books have been read or on the tbr list
So my question as a noob, and please be gentle, is this. Several of the Kindle libraries have books I have started and for various reasons, not finished. Also I have two books I am currently reading. Is there anyway when copying or loading books into Calibre from Kindle to retain the position read in a book, and display this in a column? Some sort of markup to identify books read, or position in book. So a column showing percentage or pages, would work for me. 100% showing book read etc.
Thanks for any and all help.
oldie2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:37 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

You can create a custom column and fill it manually (Preferences -> Add your own columns). It is not possible to retrieve this information automatically from a Kindle, like it can be retrieved from a Kobo with the Kobo Utilities plugin.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:43 PM   #3
oldie2023
oldie2023 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Thank you. Back to the hand entry system.
oldie2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 04:00 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie2023 View Post
Thank you. Back to the hand entry system.
Unfortunately Kindle database is not accessible for third-party programs (it's a decision made by Amazon many years ago), so nothing can be automatically retrieved or modified on a Kindle. Other device brands are more Calibre-friendly.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote