Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-13-2023, 02:31 AM   #16
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
@rantanplan: Jailbreaking the iPad by someone who's not able to google Marvin's contact email?
Altstore doesn't require any jailbreak.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 03:59 AM   #17
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
So Altstore offers pirated apps? No, it doesn’t. So how Altstore could help him in this case?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 04:24 AM   #18
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Sorry, I did not realize that Marvin was a paid app.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:05 AM   #19
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Turtle, for god’s sake, please stop!
Not sure what you are getting all antsy about... are you TRYING to keep people from accessing their books???

Here is a screen capture of exactly what I'm talking about. I took it about 2 minutes ago. I was able to use iMazing on a backup I did a few months ago. I dragged an ePub from the Marvin directory to my desktop...no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-13 080128.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	876.7 KB
ID:	204263  
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:27 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What you could do is send a PM to Appstrafian and hope he responds.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:35 AM   #21
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That screenshot was from an active app on my phone, but you can do the same thing with the backup file.

Just find your backup file - in this case it is a Marvin 3 backup - and copy it to your desktop:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-13 082831.png
Views:	57
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	204264

Change the extension from ".m3backup" to ".zip"

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-13 082929.png
Views:	48
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	204265

Open the .zip file with your favorite software and go to the "Documents" folder.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-13 083008.png
Views:	55
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	204266

There are all your books!
Old 10-13-2023, 01:36 PM   #22
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Not sure what you are getting all antsy about... are you TRYING to keep people from accessing their books???

Here is a screen capture of exactly what I'm talking about. I took it about 2 minutes ago. I was able to use iMazing on a backup I did a few months ago. I dragged an ePub from the Marvin directory to my desktop...no problem.
And how should he load his old iCloud backup into iMazing?

Anyhow, I tried something and it worked against my expectations.

@PNAW59: Please ignore that Marvin is offloaded and you don't have direct access to Marvin's documents in iMazing!

Just make a new backup of your iPad in iMazing now. Despite offloaded you can access Marvin in the backup. In the backup iPadOS ignores the access restrictions - I tried it and it works.

Last but not least say thanks to Turtle91 and his stubbornness - even if he did not really understand the problem.

Last edited by Wiggo; 10-13-2023 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:46 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is the version of Marvin 3 on an iPhone compatible with an iPad or it is a different installer?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 11:18 AM   #24
Wiggo
Leftutti

Have you ever seen two different Marvin3 apps in the AppStore, or did you watch the video?
Old 10-15-2023, 12:59 PM   #25
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is the version of Marvin 3 on an iPhone compatible with an iPad or it is a different installer?
It's all the same app.

There was a MarvinSxS that was designed to run two versions of Marvin at the same time on an iPad side-by-side...to help with people who wanted to compare two different manuscripts, etc. The MarvinSxS is the same code/app as the regular Marvin, but it had to have a different name so apple would think it was a different app and run them simultaneously.