Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-06-2023, 12:30 AM   #1
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
[Plugin] VerifyOPFData

Checks and verifies the OPF metadata and guide data sections

Requirements
Plugin Type: Validation
MIT Licence(OSI)
Minimum Sigil requirement: v0.9.3 or higher
Python Requirements: Python 3.4+ (Bundled or External)
OS Requirements: Windows, Linux or OSX
*** Tested on Windows 7, 8 & 10 only ***
Current Version: "0.1.1"

Installation
* Select the Plugins > Manage Plugins menu item. In the dialog box, select either theBundled Python or the External Python(Python 3.8+ should be installed on your computer to run this plugin externally).

* Click Add Plugin and select VerifyOPFData_vXXX.zip. This will load and install the plugin into Sigil, which you can then run by selecting Plugins > Validation > VerifyOPFData

Description
This validation plugin checks and verifies the data in the OPF file metadata and guide sections to minimum requirements as described below:
  • Checks for any missing metadata entries.
  • Checks for any duplicate metadata entries.
  • Checks for any unnecessary third party promotion data in the metadata section(e.g. entries for Sigil, Calibre etc).
  • Checks that the appropriate data is present in the guide section.
All plugin results will be displayed in the Validation Results panel in Sigil. Only Epub 2 files can be used with this plugin(Added in v0.1.1).

Preferences
The editable JSON prefs data for this plugin is shown below:

Code:
{
  "third_party_list": [
    "Jutoh",
    "Calibre",
    "Sigil",
    "Scrivener",
    "LibreOffice",
    "Epubor",
    "Atlantis",
    "Kindle Create",
    "Adobe"
  ],
  "show_errors_and_warnings_only": true
}
third_party_list
This is an editable search list of third party names that the plugin uses to find any unnecessary third party promotion entries in the metadata section(such as entries for Calibre or Sigil) that can be removed.

show_errors_and_warnings_only
When this flag is set to “true”, only errors and warnings will be displayed in the Validation Results panel. But if this flag is set to “false” then errors, warnings and data that is present in the metadata section will also be displayed.

Plugin Run
Just load a valid epub 2 file into Sigil and run the plugin as described above.

Changes:
Spoiler:
v0.1.0 -- Initial release
v0.1.1 -- Due to various issues, this plugin can now only be used for Epub 2 files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VerifyOPFData_011.zip (242.8 KB, 510 views)

Last edited by slowsmile; 02-14-2023 at 07:56 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 03:58 AM   #2
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Hi

This looks as if it will be useful

I have just downloaded this and will give it a try and let you know how I get on.

If yo come to Cebu/Lapu-Lapu any time, I have plenty of barako coffee in stock and I can always get some beer or something else in specially.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:16 AM   #3
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Thasaidon...This is a very simple plugin that just shows you the bare minimum that you should have in the metadata and guide sections of your OPF file. It also shows other things like duplicates and unnecessary third party promotional stuff that you can remove.

Great to hear that you have the wonderful Barako coffee in stock. I might wend my way to Lapu-Lapu again soon. I've just come back from Cebu a week or two ago -- just paid my yearly subscription for my Filipino I-Card. My driving licence also needs renewal this year so that's next. I hope that you're well.

Last edited by slowsmile; 02-06-2023 at 05:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:58 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FYI, the opf guide is an optional section of the opf on epub3 and is not required. The nav landmarks section is what fills that role in epub3.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:43 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Added to the Sigil Plugin Index
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:28 PM   #6
slowsmile
Witchman

Update(v0.1.1)

Epub 2 files can now only be used with this plugin. An error message will be generated if an Epub 3 file is used. Thanks to KevinH