Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 03:35 AM   #1
Drsniper
Drsniper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tips and suggestions for a new Nova Pro owner?

So I'm getting my Nova Pro 7.8 inch very soon. I'm also getting the official cover at the same time. I mainly would like to use it for taking notes at meetings, scribbling math, and reading papers. What kind of battery life can I expect?

Also, any tips and suggestions from current owners on how to get the maximum out of the device after I first boot it up?

Thanks.
Drsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
I generally get several days to a week on a charge. Maybe more, I don't know. I generally charge it when it gets below 50%. I usually keep wireless on. And I just have it sleep, not fully power down after a set time. I could probably squeeze more time out of it if I changed some of that stuff, but I'm totally happy with it so far.

Tips: read the manual. The user interface is deep and complicated. It's not an Apple or Amazon type of super minimal interface. Explore it and you'll find lots of neat things in there. Also, if you plan to use the built in reader (or a 3rd party reader other than the Kindle app) I'd suggest you install Calibre and learn how to use that to manage your content. Again, a deep and powerful program that pays off when you invest time into learning it. I keep my Android apps to a minimum. Dropbox, Pocket, and a few others for managing content and reading.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nova pro, onyx